Wednesday, August 22, 2012

I need some walking shoes

I need walking shoes, not running shoes (although I need those too), but good shoes to walk in. I work in an office where the dress code is business casual except on Fridays when we can where jeans. Athletic shoes, however are not permitted on any day. I happen to be lucky enough to have an office in a great location where there is a lot of room and sidewalks to walk on my breaks. Now, I could bring my tennis shoes every day and just change into them for my walk. The problem with that is that I absolutely hate the way tennis shoes look with dress clothes. It irritates me to no end and I can't bring myself to do it. I have issues, I know. I've tried walking in my flats (on days that I wore them to work), but most just aren't supportive enough. Flip-flops are another option, but again no support and I've discovered that they can give me really bad back pain.

Side note, I took my girls, A.K.A. "The Pinks" as dubbed by my family, shopping last Saturday around an outdoor mall near our house. I wore my cheapo Old Navy flip-flops because I have a pair in every color and by the end of the day, my feet and my back hurt. Apparently, I am getting old enough to require shoes with foot support at all times. Ugh.

Back to my dilemma, I actually dug my old Birkenstocks out of the closet and wore those on my walk today. Yes, I've had them since college in the 90's. Don't judge me. They were actually pretty comfortable to walk in and no back pain. Win! I'm still looking around, though. I found this shoe and this one on Amazon, but I'm still debating. It is so tough to be stylish and comfortable!

Any tips or suggestions of shoes that you like?

No comments:

Post a Comment