Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Weekend Recap

I meant to get this out yesterday, but our internet went out at home (thanks TimeWarner) and that is where all my pictures were. Emailing pictures to your work email doesn't work out too well either when Outlook blocks emails with attachments over a certain size. I can't win.

Anyhoo, I had a pretty good weekend with some drama which was mainly focused on this lovely girl.

Paige has started her fall soccer season so instead of meeting on Friday night, I drove to Topeka to watch her play on Saturday morning. Her league only has games on Saturdays. The teams were evenly matched, but they did pretty well and ended up winning the game.



Drove back home and relaxed for the rest of the day. The girls painted and crafted and now I need to get a new tablecloth. It was a cheap plastic one from WalMart so no big loss there. Sunday was another lazy day, but I decided that Paige needed to work on her earrings.

Backstory - Paige initially got her ears pierced last year, but she did not take good care of them. They ended up getting to the point where her ears did not heal properly, but instead were growing around the earrings. Her dad had to take her to the ER where she had to be physically restrained and held down by nurses to get the earrings out. Awesome and no doubt traumatic for a 9 year old. Fast forward a few months and Elsa is going to get her ears pierced and Paige decides to get hers pierced again. WTF? I would have said absolutely not, but I was not consulted. Five months later and Elsa has done fantastic with her earrings. She has taken excellent care of her ears which have healed up and she changes her earrings daily. Paige, on the other hand, has gone back to where she was before. She still has the same earrings in from the initial piercing and "cannot" get them out. She has made a show of trying to pull the backs off and get it out, but it feels forced to me. She also freaks out if anyone touches her ears.

So, yesterday, I was washing dishes and called Paige in to the kitchen to try and work on her earrings. I have been doing this for a while and even had a long talk with her about taking responsibility. I did not want to have to forcibly hold her down to get them out again. Lo and behold, she was able to take the back off of her right earring. The earring itself, however was a lot more stubborn. I think her ears are starting to grow around the posts again. We sat in the bathroom for several hours as she worked on it. She wouldn't let me touch her ears. I was beyond mad and frustrated by the end of the day. She was an emotional wreck and so was I. She said that she wanted me to get them out, but anytime I came close, she would pull away and fight with me. We finally had to go meet the ex and that damn earring was still stuck in her ear. We didn't even begin to tackle the left one. We are never going in Claire's again.

On a more positive note, here are my five beautiful girls in the car waiting for the ex.



Have your kids been so absolutely stubborn about something that it caused a major tantrum? Any tips on dealing with it?

1 comment:

  1. Oh girl read up on my blog - I am TOTALLY going through stubborn little girl drama at my house over CLOTHES these days. I want to scream. I am so glad you got one out - ouch... I wish I had some tips - I am trying to find tips of my own. GAH!!! If I rangle up any goods one's I will let you know - all I can offer are virtual HUGS!

    ReplyDelete