Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Late to the Party

I had a very long and stressful week at work last week which culminated in me coming into the office on Sunday and working for an additional 7 hours. Blech. As a result, I missed the vlog linkup with Holly and Emily. I know, sad face. To make up for that, I will be posting a vlog of my own sometime this week so y'all can see and hear what I really talk like. Try not to let the anticipation get to you, I'm sure it will be rough.

In other news, I am signing up for my very first 5K! It is set for November 3 and it is a local race, nothing too fancy for my first time. I even got my sister, Rachel, to sign up with me. She just recently started back on the C25K program (she had done it before) so she is a total rockstar. I'll make sure and get lots of pics.

Oh, and I have to say Congrats to Mel for running her first half! Woot woot!

My own C25K is going very well. I'm on week 7 running for 15 minutes straight. For me, that equates to about 1.3 miles. Slowly but surely I am getting there. I don't know if I'll ever become an official "runner", though. By that I mean someone who goes out and runs for fun. I still really struggle with running and although my endurance is getting so much better, I just don't like doing it. BUT, I am doing it and that's the important thing. Maybe I'll have some amazing epiphany and it will become the best thing ever or maybe I'll just keep sucking it up so my waistline will continue to get smaller. Either way the treadmill and I are becoming best frenemies.

Getting my sweat on

Little stinker
Miss Em has decided that she doesn't want to sleep at night. She has been such a good sleeper since we converted her crib into a toddler bed, but that has come to a screeching halt this past week. Last night, she kept fussing and crying for mommy and just wanted me in her room. Well, Mommy's not sleeping on the floor so I brought her in bed with us and she just kept tossing and turning and kicking so back to her own bed she went. She was quiet for a bit and then started up again. I finally gave up and I took her into the spare bedroom that the other girls sleep in and finally went to sleep. Needless to say, neither one of us was in a good mood this morning. Ugh, I do not do well on very little sleep.
Hope everyone is having a better week than me and to leave you on a happy note, here's a fun pic of me and Jason cheesing it up.
We're such a fun couple

4 comments:

  1. Like the new blog design! You'll get through the hump & become addicted to running like the rest of us...for most (at least in blog world) running wasn't natural or "fun."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new blog design. I can't agree with Gina more:) And thank you for the shot out and most importantly YOU ARE GOING TO ROCK that 5K. I am so proud of you - woot woot:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for your first 5k!!!! Wish I was close by I'd come and run it with ya! I feel ya on bedtime, M still sleeps with us, which I actually don't mind now that she has stopped kicking the shit out of me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on signing up for your first 5k!! We missed you at the vlog linkup, but there will be another one soon. I am trying to guilt Miss Melanie into hosting the next one! HAHA

    ReplyDelete