Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Pancakes

I have been craving pancakes like crazy the past couple of weeks so I finally decided to make some on Saturday morning since I actually had a little down time. I found this recipe on Spark Recipes and altered it a little bit to my own tastes. In case you're curious (and why wouldn't you be?) here is my recipe:

1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tbsp baking soda
1/2 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp brown sugar
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 egg
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
2 tbsp unsweetened applesauce

I mixed everything together because I don't believe in mixing the wet ingredients and dry ingredients in separate bowls. It is just an extra dish for me to wash and I hate washing dishes. I ended up adding an extra tablespoon of skim milk to thin the batter a little and it was perfect. These pancakes were fantastic, if I do say so myself and they were only about 56 calories each!. Emmeline even wolfed down four of them and maybe so did I. The recipe made 12 average size pancakes and will definitely be making these again. I loved the addition of the pumpkin pie spice, it gave them a great flavor. I was going to take pictures, but in all honesty, they were eaten too fast so this is all I got.


Any new recipes that you have tried?

2 comments: