Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Weigh-in Wednesday... of a sort

So, today marks the first official day of the MLFitCamp weight loss challenge. If you want to know what I'm referring to, read this. There are 100 teams of five women each competing to win some really cool prizes. Check them out! I am really excited for this challenge as I have been stuck in a plateau for about two months now. I was moving along pretty good, but after about 15 lbs lost, my body put the brakes on. Like, "Whoa there, the 160's are a nice comfy spot. Let's just hang out here forever". No, no, no, no, no. Not cool.

I think that part of the problem has been my eating. I haven't been gorging myself or going out to eat every night, but I stopped counting calories and tend to eat more leftovers for lunch instead of packing something different. All that is about to change, however. Jason and I are embarking on a new eating program, the Paleo Diet. Here is the book that we just finished skimming reading. (I skimmed, he read it cover to cover). If you are not familiar with it, it is basically eating as the cavemen and women did. Lots and lots of lean meats and lots of fruits and vegetables. No processed foods, no dairy and no complex carbs. I think this is going to be tough, but I am looking forward to it. The theory behind the program makes a lot of sense and of course I will be sharing my results with you.

As a kickoff to our new eating program, we had one last hurrah and went to Olive Garden for dinner Monday night. I had the Shrimp and Chicken Carbonara and it was amazing. However, I had a bagel for breakfast yesterday morning, leftover carbonara for lunch and then we made pizza for dinner. Carb overload. I had one piece of pizza last night after I did my Jillian 30DS and it sat like a stone in my stomach. Going without carbs may be easier than it sounds. We are going grocery shopping tonight and I can't help thinking about something I heard before. "Stay on the outside lanes of the grocery store. That is where you will find all the fresh produce and meat. All the middle aisles are filled with unhealthy processed foods".

Carb loading does not do a body good. 165 pounds is where I am as of this morning. I think that's right, anyway. My scale is a lying whore and gave me three different numbers within the space of a minute. Also, you will get no picture of that number because I am scale photo challenged and cannot get a good picture for anything. I don't know how other ladies get such great pics of their scales. I think it is because my bathroom is too dark and my shadow is over the display and my toes look like giant thumbs. It's weird.

Good luck to my fellow FitCampers, but my team totally has this in the bag!

1 comment:

  1. 165 is OK... Let's do this together. I have been a carb-o-saurus as well... My goal is to hit the next five weeks hard and then binge on Thanksgiving! :)

    ReplyDelete