Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Weigh-in Wednesday


Not good news today. I gained slightly. Apparently, my body freaked out over losing so much last week and pulled the brakes. Plus, Aunt Flo showed up to ruin the party so there's that.

My eating has been on track, although I did cheat a little. Monday, I was craving bread like nobody's business. You may have seen the picture of the blueberry scone that I tortured myself with. I ended up having a couple Grand's biscuits for dinner that night and they were sooooo worth it. I also had some oatmeal for breakfast yesterday because I didn't plan and have breakfast packed. Weird to say that oatmeal is cheating, but it is a grain. I found this recipe on Pinterest and tried it this morning. I'm a little leery about the raw eggs, but otherwise it was pretty good.


Source
 I kind of quit on Jillian a couple weeks ago when I started my diet and lost all energy, but I decided to do her workout Monday night. I also though it would be a good idea to jump to level 3. That was freaking tough. I almost felt like 3 was easier than 2, but those jump squats killed me. My legs are still burning. Of course, that also may be due to the fact that I was on the treadmill for nearly an hour last night. I walked and ran my way through 3.1 miles. I didn't think I was going to finish after the first half mile as I just felt exhausted, but I pushed through and finished. Very proud of myself.

My other NSV (I finally know what this means now) this week was being able to pull a size 10 skirt out of the back of my closet and zip it up comfortably. This has been one of my favorite skirts for years and I am so happy that it fits again! I also can now wear a pair of Gap khakis that I haven't worn in about 6 years. They shrunk right after I bought them so I only wore them a couple times originally anyway. I really need to go shopping because none of my dress pants fit me anymore!
I know how you love my work bathroom pics. I need to get a full length mirror at home.

Happy Halloween to everyone! Be safe if you are taking your little ones out trick or treating. Call me selfish, but I'm turning off the lights and staying inside. Emmeline isn't old enough to know better and I don't need candy in the house or Jason and I will eat it. Mmm, Milky Way Midnight...

3 comments:

  1. Keep it up! Just wondering; the day of your 5k, do you think you'll "cheat" & have something carby pre-race for better energy/fuel? It may help you run, but the adrenaline might fuel you quite well too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing great. So what does NSV mean I have no clue? LOL... I love candy, eat it, eat it WAY too much. Happy Halloween and I love that skirt - you really are looking GREAT!

    ReplyDelete