Monday, November 12, 2012

Missouri Weather

Ever heard this one? "You know you're from Missouri if you've ever used your heater and A/C in the same day". That pretty much sums up this weekend in a nutshell. Saturday was absolutely gorgeous, so we packed up the girls and headed over to the nature trail. Yes, I realize I've been there every weekend for the past three weeks, but it really is a great trail. Plus, it is a great workout. Jason decided to run it so he took off and the other girls and I had a nice walk.

This was at at high point, although the picture doesn't do the hill justice.

Emmeline did great and had lots of fun picking up leaves and rocks. She even walked a majority of the time. However, about 3/4 of the way through, she sat down on a stump and refused to get up. Hannah and I traded off carrying her the rest of the way back. I think the girls had a good time and it was a great way to get out of the house and get some exercise.


Carrying a 30lb toddler down a trail while avoiding perilous rocks and tree roots is quite the workout. Considering that I have lost 25 pounds, it made me wonder how I carried all that on my body for years.

We woke up Sunday morning and the weather had done a complete 180. It was 30 degrees and raining/sleeting. Great day to spend in your jammies... or not. I got dressed and took Hannah to LensCrafters so she could get some contacts. Girl never wears her glasses and I know she can't see and it drives me insane. She said she wanted contacts and I had some HSA money I needed to burn through so off we went. The nurses were all impressed with how well she took to them. Since she was a first-time user, they had to do a little training session and she had to successfully put them in and take them out twice. She was a pro, naturally. I didn't get any pictures though, because getting Hannah to let me take a picture of her takes nearly an act of God. If she doesn't look perfect, the picture isn't happening.

Jason scored major points yesterday because he did all the laundry that had been piling up. He even folded it and put it away! My hero. We made the decision to have a cheat meal last night of pizza and it was pretty good. Not great, but good enough to make the cheat worth it. Yesterday was also a rest day for me for workouts so it is back to the treadmill tonight. I gotta get those runs in for my Pile on the Miles challenge. I gave myself a goal of 60 miles for the month. Don't know if I'm going to hit that, but I want to at least get close!

Anyone else experience the neurotic weather this weekend?

4 comments:

  1. We have the same picture drama in our house, I am glad I am not alone :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paige is going to be your double, huh? We had the same bi-polar weather here in MN as well...and snow this morning to boot! I'm longing for Summer already!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes! I live in Illinois and that saying is said here too. Gotta love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep! I had my air on Saturday afternoon and the heat on last night. Now please send Jason over to my house to finish my laundry. :)

    ReplyDelete