Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Weigh-in Wednesday

I feel like my weigh-in posts are a little boring, but I gotta keep it up to keep myself accountable. I'm still part of a competition and I'm going to go after it for all it's worth. So without further ado, my weight for this week was:
151.6
I am so close to the 140's I can practically taste it! I had been getting discouraged with my weight loss the past couple of weeks because it was not moving at all. I decided to try the 3 Day Military diet. Some other FitCampers had been having success with it so I wanted to see if it would jump start my weight loss back up. There was some discussion regarding the lower calorie intake on a daily basis, but it is not in any way suggested for a long term diet. The food is a mixture of meats, fruits, vegetables, grains and dairy so it isn't outrageous by any means. Anyhoo, I am starting day 3 so we'll see where I end up tomorrow. I am not expecting to lose 10 lbs, but 5 or 6 would be fantastic. Like I said, I just wanted this as a kickstart back to my weight loss.

But what about Paleo, you may be asking yourself. Paleo for me is not gone forever. After tomorrow, I will still be eating a modified form of Paleo or Primal. I really rarely eat bread or anything sugary anymore. My body just doesn't miss it. I am perfectly happy to stuff myself on meat and vegetables. Mmm, meat.

I had a little Non Scale Victory today too. First off, i stayed home and am just "working" from home today. I wasn't feeling going into the office. So, when I got up and weighed myself, I was so happy with the number that I took a picture of myself in sexy lingerie and sent it to Jason. I haven't been confident enough with my body to that ever. Secondly, I had a pair of size 8 jeans hiding in the back of my closet so I pulled them out and tried them on, just for shits and giggles. To my surprise, they fit! I couldn't believe it. I have not worn a size 8 since before Cordie was born and she's 12. Cue my happy dance.

Perhaps my best news of all is that in just two short days, I will be driving to St. Louis to meet a bunch of wonderful STL Bloggers. Holly has graciously offered to put me up for the night and can I tell you that I cannot wait to meet her and Melanie! Girls' night out with a bunch of blogging women - I'm going to pee myself with all the excitement.

Anyone else have grand plans for this weekend? Anyone else not started their Christmas shopping like me?

4 comments:

  1. Congrats! You girls will have so.much.fun! I love all 3 of your guys' blogs! Happy Trails:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh so jealous!!! Let me know how the diet goes while I continue to envy you getting to hang with holly and mel! So fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the weigh in and NSV! That's awesome.

    And the STL meetup sounds great...have fun!!

    I've thought about doing Paleo...not so sure how I feel about the whole "giving up carbs" thing. But it may be something I'll want to research. And, well...you read my blog today. I can certainly use anything different to get this weight loss going!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SIZE 8?! You tiny thang, you!! Can't wait to see you Friday!!

    ReplyDelete