Monday, December 3, 2012

St. Louis Trip and meeting new friends

I had one of the best weekends I've had in a long time. Friday morning, I got up with all kinds of good intentions of getting my workout in, getting the tire on the car fixed and going shopping. Didn't quite work out like I planned, however. Everything got done, just not in the order I had planned. Oh well. I did make it out for a little bit of shopping at Old Navy (the cornerstone of my wardrobe) for a cute outfit for the blogger meet up. I have determined that I am just not built for super skinny jeans. Trying to squeeze my legs into these pants was like trying to stuff sausage casings. Not pretty. I did, however manage to find a lovely pair of size 6 jeans that fit perfectly! Yes, size 6. I almost fell on the floor.


You can't see the huge muffin top that is cascading over the waistband of these skinny pants.
 Once I got back, I headed out for St. Louis. The drive was pretty uneventful and I got there right on time. Holly had so graciously offered for me to stay at her house and she was just as fun and sweet in person as she is on her blog. Amy came over and we all drove over to the restaurant together. It was pretty quiet at first, but more people started arriving, and I got to meet Courtney, Melanie, Becky, Elizabeth, Kim, Janice, Chris, Keisha and a few others whose names and blogs I didn't catch. We all started talking more and really just had an absolute blast. It was great to meet all these wonderful women and swap kid stories and vasectomy stories and really connect.

After dinner, they pulled all the tables away and turned up the music for some dancing. Here is where the people watching was most entertaining. There was one guy who was a dancing machine. He was grinding on everything that moved or didn't move for that matter. I caught him grinding up against the fireplace at one point. He was really nice though and assured me he wasn't drunk. I don't think his boyfriend agreed with him.



Holly and Courtney getting down with Dancing Machine
 The next morning I offered to help Holly with whatever she needed for the party, but she declined my help. I did not see any of the psycho Holly that I had been reading about, she seemed perfectly calm to me. Chris assured me that is was because I was there, otherwise she would have been screaming at him to bring the crockpot in from the car. Haven and Olive are just adorable and I had fun playing with them a little bit. Haven is quite mischievous, however, as he let his baby sister out the front door and managed to walk in the bathroom as I was getting in the shower. Holly and Chris, I'm sorry if your child is scarred for life after seeing me naked.

On my way back home, I decided to go ahead and take a detour to go visit my parents. They only live about an hour north of STL and I don't see them that often so I thought it would be a good idea. I actually made the majority of the drive in silence which was pretty peaceful as I drove through the small towns. Part of the reason for this was because it is practically impossible to find a decent radio station in rural Missouri that isn't Country, Classic Rock or Gospel.

I'm glad I made the drive up there. My step-mom was putting up Christmas decorations with my nieces and we had a nice chat. My dad was working at his store as he has been super busy with deer season. Both of them commented on my weight loss and told me I was looking good.

Yesterday was a pretty lazy day and I really didn't want it to end. I did get my run, my squats and my plank in, though so I wasn't a complete slug. Apparently, there was quite the kerfuffle on the Fitcamp facebook page last Friday night. I caught some of the after effects as I was catching up on posts yesterday. I'm glad I missed it, though. I do not care for online drama.

How was your weekend? Any drama in your life that you'd rather avoid?

4 comments:

  1. I had soooo much fun meeting up - it was a great night. Also you look fabulous Amanda and should be so proud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a really fun weekend! I'm not a part of that FB group, what happened? Glad you got some girl time & to meet some new friends. Awesome that Holly let you crash with her...too funny about her child walking in on you! Skinny jeans are also not for me and that picture does not look unflattering AT ALL! You are looking slim:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great weekend! I love driving in silence sometimes too clears my mind!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like it was so much fun! I'd love to do some kind of blog meetup! I love reading everyone's stories and what's going on in their lives....

    You look great in those skinny jeans! Don't be so down on yourself!!

    ReplyDelete