Thursday, January 31, 2013

February Goals

Confession time. I have not worked out since my run on Sunday. I had every intention of going for a short run on Tuesday, but my stomach was upset so I wasn't feeling it. Last night, I just had a couple beers and went to bed early. I feel like January was kind of my "month off". I was still running since I wanted to get ready for my 10K, but I slacked on my eating and slacked on doing any other types of workouts.

I also took a break from the scale as I was making myself crazy. That's not to say I didn't step on it at all because hey, what else is there to do while I wait for the shower to warm up. I just stopped obsessing about it.


February dawns a new month, though. I want to get back on track and work towards getting down to my original goal of 135. I have the Warrior Dash in April to get ready for and I sure don't want to be soft for that. Plus, we cannot forget Operation Red Bikini. This girl wants to be able to wear a bikini for the first time in 14 years.
button

 So, I have a few things in mind to keep me going this month. First off, I am joining Meredith and Jillian to do Ripped in 30 every day this month. This is going to be a struggle for me as I have yet to complete a full month of the 30DS. I am also going to continue running. I find that I do enjoy it and while I may never be a long distance runner, it is a great cardio workout and it is a great way to blow off steam.

Now, have you heard about the new Dietbet that Courtney is sponsoring? She did one in December and the pot got up to over $7000. I, sadly, did not meet my goal during that month, but I am bound and determined to get this done this month. I figure that I am at about 147-148 lbs which means I will need to lose 6 pounds. Tough, but totally doable.
springbreakshapeup
Last, but not least, my goal is to get my eating in check. While I have slacked, I have not gone totally crazy and been eating everything in sight, but I still need to rein it in. I would like to go back to Paleo eating, even if it isn't 100%. I just felt so much better when I cut out grains and sugar. I'm still not eating hardly any dairy and I don't really miss it all that much. Planning out my meals will be key for me. As I've mentioned before, I am not a planner, like at all. This usually results in buying something quick for lunch or whipping up something last minute for dinner.

These are my goals for February. I really like setting month to month goals instead of whole year resolutions. Let's face it, I don't know where I'll be mentally or physically when September rolls around so how can I plan that far in advance? Haha, planning. Who am I kidding?

How about you? Any new goals for the new month?

10 comments:

  1. No cheese!? I want your will power!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flu has stunted my workout & I had just gotten back into it! But my goal for Feb is to get back into a hard-core workout 3 days a week & do my little 10 minute workout at least 5 mornings a week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thinking I might join that Dietbet. I lost the last one I was in too, but I have a good feeling about doing a new one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. New reader here. :)

    I've been doing Ripped in 30 for a while now and as a person who owns 9 (yes, 9... *I know*) Jillian Michaels workout DVDs I still feel like RI30 is the best bang for your buck (time vs. calorie burn) - I love it! This is the first post I've read of yours and I feel like we could be twins (even though I'm about 2 surgeries away from ever wearing a red bikini) as far as workouts and weight goes (and goal weight). Anyway, I'm trying not to look too much like a stalker - I just love reading blogs where people are where I'm at, too. Makes me feel...normal. :)

    Have a great rest-of-the-week!

    Karey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Incremental monthly goals are such a smart idea and I never do them! Thank goodness for half marathon training giving me some direction! I'm too chicken to join the diet bet, but I hope you get your moneyz!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with Jillian; I could never bust out a whole cycle either, but we all know strength training has its merits. My hubby & I did P90X pre-babies and I wouldn't mind checking into their 2nd version or Jillian's 90 day program post baby #2...it's just whether or not I have the time to commit to an hour workout every day...and then there's that whole I might want to run another marathon thing...whatever I do will help me to get my body back;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to plan my meals ahead too. I panic when I don't! Febuary is a new month..You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you made awesome goals!! Can't wait for Sunday! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for posting the Dietbet. Every little bit of motivation helps!

    ReplyDelete