Thursday, January 3, 2013

I'm hiding my scale

My weigh-in Wednesday post is a bit late, but it has been a rough week for me weight wise. I should have known it was going to be bad when Aunt Flo made her appearance on Sunday (a whole week early, I might add). Then when the scale read 150 on Monday morning, I kind of fell apart. I started carb loading like a fat kid at a birthday party. Sorry Mel and Meredith, total fail on the no carbs for a week challenge.

Needless to say, I did not win my Dietbet challenge. I am actually rather bummed about that because I hate losing money and because I really wanted to achieve that goal. However, this past week has just stressed me out to no end and I realized that I don't want to be a slave to the number on the scale anymore.

When I was thinking about my New Year's resolutions or goals, not one of them was to lose weight. Sure, I would love to take off this last 15-20 lbs, but I'm not going to make that a specific goal. This year I want to focus more on getting stronger, building up my muscles and seeing how far I can push myself. I would love to join Crossfit, but it isn't financially feasible right now, so I'll improvise. There are so many videos available on youtube, plus I always have Jillian to kick my ass. I just read this blog this morning and it completely summed up how I have been feeling. Courtney also posted this on Instagram, but I'm stealing it.

source

I started my half marathon training this week and I have my first 4 miler coming up on Sunday. I can't wait to complete it. I don't have a half marathon scheduled to run in as of yet, although there are going to be a bunch of awesome women at the St. Louis Marathon, so I'm considering that. I really just want to prove to myself that I can do it. The 13.1 sticker would be nice on the back of my car, though.

I'm still at 150 this morning and I need to take my monthly measurements, but I feel strangely okay with this. It isn't where I want to be ultimately, but it will be nice to not worry about it for a while. I need to hide my scale for a while so I stop stepping on it every morning. I can still rock #operationredbikini at 150 when it is all muscle, right?

source

7 comments:

  1. You bettcha! Exciting 1/2 marathon training; go girl!! Bikini is pretty smokin! Good luck:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl we have all been there. In fact, I DID hide my scale for a bit a few months ago. It was actually bliss to not stress about a #.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The scale says nothing. You got this lady!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stepping on a scale immediately after the holidays is such a cruel experience (and I've yet to go through it this year--don't wanna!). I think your head is in the right place and you are going to ROCK the ORB challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you for hiding the scale...who cares about that number anyway, since it seems you are so close to goal, right? You certainly look fabulous, and will no doubt have great success with ORB. Keep doing what you're doing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girl first off that red bikini is totally AHfreakinmazing.. I love it. AND you are right - the scale doesn't mean ish - it is all in how we feel about ourselves... Confidence girl... all about the confidence.... You are doing great and look stellar - remember I have seen your cute butt in person and it is rather adorable. You will get there - we all will - but throw that scale AWAY... I haven't been on in like a month. LOL..

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hear ya. I want to through my scale out the window. I want to be strong and I am going to focus on toning. You will rock that bikini girl!

    ReplyDelete