Monday, January 21, 2013

My 4 day weekend

So, another Monday post fail for me. Not being at work just somehow makes it easier to not do it. Either that or I'm just a slacker. I had a great weekend with all my girls, though. I just wish I could have had them longer (as usual).

Friday was my day all to myself and it was glorious. I pretty much did nothing all day until about 3:00. I wanted to get a run in and since it was fairly nice outside, I decided to try it outside. Ugh. I haven't run outside in a couple months and I'd forgotten how much I hate it. It was a real struggle for me. I don't know whether it was the wind, the hills (my neighborhood is ridiculously hilly) or what, but I was sucking wind after a couple minutes. I only ran for a mile and came home feeling really disappointed. I tried to salvage a little bit by doing level 2 of 30DS.

Saturday, the girls and I went for a shopping excursion to Costco. They had never been and I wanted to explore the whole store. Jason is not a leisurely shopper. His favorite question while shopping is, "What next?" He and Emmeline stayed at home. It was her nap time anyway as evidenced by the fact that she fell asleep at the top of the stairs mid-tantrum after we left. The girls and I had a good time and pigged out on all the free samples. You could seriously make a meal of all of them. I did avoid the red velvet cupcake sample, thankyouverymuch. We then hit up a thrift store for fun and I managed to find a pair of brown dress pants from LOFT in a size 6. Woohoo for cheap skinny pants!

Sunday, Jason and I took advantage of the built in babysitters and hit up our favorite nature trail. We just walked, no running, but it was 3.2 miles with an elevation increase of 219 feet. Those hills are no joke. Came back and watched Pitch Perfect with Hannah. It was a really cute movie and I can see why she's slightly obsessed with it (17 watches at last count). I had to take the girls back Sunday night since she had something on Monday going on.

Monday, I went for a followup visit to my chiropractor. I had also gone Saturday morning after a year hiatus. My lower back has been hurting and I knew I needed to get realigned. Funny how having 5 kids will throw your pelvis out of whack. I'm all adjusted now and I feel so much better. I then went to Kohl's to return some clothes that didn't work out and I wanted to get some new bras. I found 4 new bras, so I am all set. I also perused the kids' clearance racks and picked up a couple outfits for Miss Em. Jason was not left out either as he got a new sweater.

All in all, I had a great weekend and much needed relaxation. I did not get my long 5 mile run in on Sunday, though. I kept procrastinating until it was too late (as usual). I'm starting to slightly panic that I have to run 6.2 miles next Sunday. Eek.

One last thing, I am up to 46 followers. Now, I'm no Lora Young or Holly Stanfield, but I'm getting there. When I reach 50 followers, I'll make sure and host a giveaway. Who doesn't love free stuff?

6 comments:

  1. I really want to see Pitch Perfect...I've heard nothing but rave reviews about it.

    Sounds like you had a nice 4 day weekend. I need one of those!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey new/old follower here! I have been following by email for a while and now Im a GFC follower too!!!....Sounds like a great weekend. I was defnitly not ready for monday but the calendar did not care what I wanted! LOL Have a great day!

    Toya
    www.kismetandkilograms.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, 5 miles on a treadmill?! You are my idol. Haha. I can't make myself do more then 3 on a treadmill, I get so bored. Good job. And I love costco samples too, so yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to tell you, I thought I was the only person in the world that enjoyed running on the treadmill vs. outdoors! I just get bored outside and look up the road and think, "Ugh, that looks sooooo far...." When I'm on the treadmill I have the tv going and I just lose track of time and don't really think about distance until I look at the dashboard.
    However, getting more comfortable running outdoors is one of my goals for 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Costco is my favorite place on earth. Great picture of your littles!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My husband is the same way with shopping... It drives me batty!!! Also, I am missing something, who is the little baby?
    Congrats in the size 6 pants girl!

    ReplyDelete