Thursday, January 10, 2013

Playing catch-up and a Linkup

So I have finally crawled out from under the rock that has been work the past few days. Ugh, the first of the month is always busy for me, but combine that with end of the year stuff and we're talking 12 hour days. Not fun, or conducive to working out. Beer me.

To rewind, this past weekend was good (yes I know it is Thursday already). Emmeline was sick so the girls and I laid low and rented some movies. ParaNorman was actually really cute and had a good story. I also finally got to see Men in Black 3 and loved it!  Found out that Hannah is slightly obsessed with Pitch Perfect as she informed me that she has now watched it 16 times. I may have to rent that one next.
My sick (and cranky) little girl
Paige and Elsa playing with the tablet

I'm still working on my 1/2 marathon training schedule although I haven't been sticking to it to the letter. I did manage to get in my first 4 mile run ever on Sunday and it felt amazing. I can't wait until I can keep running longer and longer. I still have my 10K on January 27th and am very excited that HollyDarci and maybe a couple others will be joining me here in KC! I love blogger get-togethers.
That's right, I'm awesome
And just for fun, I'm linking up with Amy today for her Super Bowl Recipe link-up. To be honest, I haven't been to a Super Bowl party in years and rarely watch it, but I do enjoy the commercials. This is a recipe that I bring to potlucks though, and it is always a huge hit. The original recipe is from Kraft, but I have changed it up to make it better.



Avocado Corn Salsa
Ingredients:
1 large tomato or 4 Roma tomatoes (your preference)
1 medium red onion
1 bunch cilantro
1 can black beans
1 can sweet corn
2-3 avocados
Salt (to taste)
Lime juice (to taste)

Finely dice the tomato, onion and cilantro and add to large bowl. Drain and rinse the black beans and corn and add them in. Halve and dice the avocados and add them in as well.  Season with salt and lime juice and mix well.  Serve with tortilla chips.
Optional: Add in a couple diced jalapenos if you want some kick or add in ¼ cup of Italian dressing for added flavor.


Now I'm off to catch up on five days worth of blogs. I may be reading for a while. I have missed so much!

10 comments:

  1. Aww, I hope Emmeline is feeling better. Thanks so much for linking up Amanda. This dip sounds very good. I don't really watch the super bowl either, I often times have the puppy bowl on upstairs. I find it more entertaining, Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your training. Your recipe sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on your 4-miler! I hope your little one is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on the training. I was wondering where you had been...I missed reading your updates!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay on your training! And that salsa looks like something I could totally eat for a no carb lunch. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Put that dip in my belly! Sorry about your little munchkin and the long work hours. Yuck! I have heard good things about Pitch Perfect. I want to see it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice work on the 4 miles; it gets addicting (fair warning) to go further and continue to push yourself, but it's very empowering! Get it girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bet your kids love having you as a mom... You are so awesome!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The salsa looks amazing! Can't wait to try it! :)

    ReplyDelete