Friday, January 11, 2013

Randoms

I really don't like stairs. I thought that now that I am in better shape, I would have no problem with stairs. Nope, I still huff and puff every time I walk up a flight. I don't know what it is and I have to walk up and down stairs a lot. Our house has three floors, so two flights, I work on the fourth floor of our building and I normally have to park on the second or third tier of the parking garage. The garage is not attached to our building, by the way and is in fact about 100 yards away. I suck it up though because I refuse to take the stairs. That's just the lazy way and isn't going to help me get to my goals.

We are driving down to Joplin this weekend for our niece's first birthday. It is nice to visit with family, but I don't like not sleeping in my own bed and the drive is just long enough to be annoying.

Jason and I have very different ways of handling Emmeline in the morning. He is all business and gets her up and dressed to get out the door as quick as possible. As she likes to do things her own way, she has issues with this and each morning begins with a screaming/crying fest from Mademoiselle Crankypants. I try to ease her into the morning and let her pick out what she wants to wear, but I still have issues. This morning she picked out a skirt so I made her put on tights and she didn't want to wear them. Then she changed her mind about the shirt and wouldn't pick out a replacement. I had to leave the room because I was getting pissed and needed to finish getting dressed myself. Fortunately, Jason swooped in and picked out a shirt then rocked her to calm down her crying. This girl and I are going to butt heads and she's only two. God help me.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Girl - get ready for the girly dress stuff. AGH!!! Yep I have one right here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our preschool has uniforms and I am SO thankful. Saturday and Sunday outfits are a battle and I can't imagine doing that 7 days a week. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate stairs too! Know idea why I have a two story house with a finished basement....

    Have fun in Joplin!

    ReplyDelete