Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Resolutions and such

Happy 2013 Everyone! I hope you all had a happy and safe New Year's Eve. Me, I sat on the couch and drank champagne by myself. I really know how to party.

So, maybe it didn't end all that great, but 2012 was a pretty good year for me.
I started blogging! And I have had the great fortune to meet some wonderful women, both online and in person.
From the STL Blogger meetup

I finally got a new car this year, although my old one had to be wrecked in order to do so. Now, we have a vehicle that can seat all seven of us!
I got a new position within my company, then due to a lot of down time with said position, I discovered Mama Laughlin's blog and read it from start to finish. I finally got the motivation and determination I had been lacking to start working out and eating healthier. As a result, I have lost 30 pounds.
I started running, which is something I have never had any desire to do. I can actually run three miles without stopping. I have run/walked two 5K races now and plan to run some more.
I feel like I am in the best shape of my adult life. I can actually do push ups now!



Looking ahead to the new year, I have some things in mind that I want to accomplish. I'm not really making resolutions as those tend to go by the wayside. Instead, I'm more interested in laying out goals.
I want to fully run a 5K with no walking. If I can do it on the treadmill, I can do it during a race.
I am going to run my first 10K. I have already signed up for the Groundhog Run on January 27 so I've got less than four weeks to train.
I am starting the Hal Higdon's Half Marathon program. Now, I haven't committed to running a half marathon yet, but I thought the program would be a great place to start.
I'll be getting my second tattoo this year. Not quite sure when, but it will happen.
I plan to take an actual vacation with Jason to someplace tropical. I have had very few vacations in my adult life and I want to start making this an annual tradition. This also means squeezing my ass into a swimsuit!

button

Now, that leads me to Operation Red BikiniKassie and Elle Noel are sponsoring this great movement for women to find their own "Red Bikini", whatever that might be. For me, I am going to focus less on the number on the scale and more on how I look and feel. I want to push myself more with running and strength training. I also want to love my body and be proud of how it looks. I'm not there yet, but I'm working on it.

3 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! Your New Year's sounds better than mine. I fell asleep at about 11:00, and was woken up at 1:00 am with a sick kid.

    Awesome job with your 30 pound weight loss! When I met you in November, I thought you were always a skinny minny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 30 pounds...that is AMAZING!! great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the 30 lb loss. I want to love the way I look too. Training for half will definitely get you in shape. I didn't lose any weight doing it, but I toned up a lot. Good luck with your training.

    ReplyDelete