Friday, January 4, 2013

Shopping Expedition

Last Saturday night, I finally got my shit together, rounded up all my gift cards and headed to Kohl's to get some shopping done. Why I waited until Saturday night, I have no idea. Procrastination is an art, my friends.

I had high hopes for this trip and I even had a list of items that I specifically wanted to shop for, thanks to the fashion websites I follow. I also was expecting some great deals since this was right after Christmas. I was not disappointed in that respect as they had all the racks of clearance laid out all over the store. And can I just say that I really don't like how department stores are laid out? Maybe it is just me, but I don't understand why the clothes have to be segregated by brand. Why can't the pants all be in one place?!

Moving on... it was actually tough for me to stop gravitating towards the Larges and size 14's. I had to keep reminding myself that I was not that size anymore. I am firmly in a size 8 pants and a medium top. This actually made it a little more difficult as those sizes seemed to be more picked over. However, trying on clothes was not as frustrating as it usually is since things actually fit me this time. That was a nice change. My main problem was just making a decision on what I wanted. I am the worst when it comes to decision making and clothes are no exception. I am also the biggest cheapskate and cannot bring myself to spend huge amounts of money of one item. $30 for one shirt! Back on the rack it goes. Clearance racks are my BFF.

I did end up with two pairs of dress pants (sorely needed), a couple new tops, and a black pencil skirt. The pants are the Apt.9 brand in the curvy fit and I love them. I also had to get the petite or short style because regular size pants are always too long for my 5'4" legs. I'm still debating about the skirt as it was a little more expensive than the rest of the things and it was bordering on being too big. Plus, I really need to get some new bras. That is some frustrating shopping right there. Apparently, if you have big boobs, you must also be big around. Not always the case people. Why don't you stock some 34DD's for a change? Yes, that is actually my bra size. You're welcome.

Anyway, here are some pics of a few of my new outfits. I really need to get a full length mirror so I can stop taking pictures in the bathroom at work.
This top was so comfortable and I got tons of compliments on it.
The striped top was a racerback tank and the sweater is old. Pants are dark grey pinstriped.
This is my outfit today and I am in love with this button down shirt. Jeans are Old Navy and the boots are from Target.
 Anyone else find really good post-Christmas deals?

8 comments:

  1. Congrats on the size 8! Your outfits look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the outfits - killer on the 8's - and those boots and button down are FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't been shopping since before Christmas. I need to get out there and find some deals. Way to rock the size 8's!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We seriously need to go shopping together. I love everything you picked.

    Long mirrors are 5 bucks at walmart but I will miss the bathroom shots HAHA

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love everything, but that plaid shirt is so so cute on you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that chevron top, a lot! But that last outfit is just cute, cute, cute from head to toe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving the new clothes, and I especially live the plaid shirt outfit- the entire thing!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just ran across your blog, from another blog. Loving it so far! I've added you to my read list. I'm 27, mother to 1 almost 2 year old daughter. I've been on a journey, ever since having her to loose the baby weight and then some.

    I love Kohls! My favorite store of all time, looks like you got some great stuff.

    - Bethany

    www.themuffintopmommy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete