Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Tuesday blahs

Apparently, I can't get my shit together these days to get a post up on Monday morning. I don't know what's wrong with me. I'm kind of in a funk and I just need to change things up to get out of it. I need to get out and have a fun night out without the kiddos. Maybe I just need more real life friends.

Moving right along, past the pity party, I didn't end up going to Joplin this past weekend. Miss Em woke up with a fever Saturday morning so we stayed home while Jason went down to visit. She pretty much laid around all day watching Dora the Explorer on repeat while I caught up on episodes of Nashville. If you haven't seen that show, you are missing out. Anyway, she didn't nap very long before she woke up crying. I gave her some Motrin which she promptly puked up and then she fell asleep on my chest. After sweating out her fever all over me, I finally laid her down when my bladder could not hold it in anymore and she was fine. Woke up in a good mood with no fever and it didn't come back the rest of the weekend. Kids are so weird with their sicknesses.

I did manage to do a round with Jillian Saturday night and Emmeline was so cute trying to do the workout with me. I figured it was the least I could do after couching it all day. That night, though, I could not fall asleep for anything. Emmeline kept making noise like she was talking in her sleep, but she didn't really wake up. I tossed and turned until about 3:30AM until I finally drifted off. Man, I really do not like having the bed to myself.

Sunday, Jason got home around mid-day and I putzed around for the rest of the day. I knew that I had a 4 mile run scheduled for my half marathon training, but I kept putting it off. At 9:00PM, I finally got my ass in gear and got on the treadmill. I ended up running 4 1/2 miles, the longest run I've ever done. I'm proud of myself that I didn't blow it off and actually finished it. I'm notorious for not completing anything.

I posted this on IG yesterday, but I liked it so much I'm posting it here too. I thought it was pretty telling.

9 comments:

  1. How can you run at 9pm? Holy crap, then you go further than you need to AND further than ever before? I'd say that's a great way to break a funk! I wish I were in a training cycle...*sigh* Soon enough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why cant we adults get sick like that thats all I AM SAYING!!! And I love Nashville!!! And I dont sleep well. And I might need more real life friends. c'est la vie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can relate to everything on this post...minus the 4mile run! I need more friends as well, especially ones to drink with ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gah! I feel your pain about tossing and turning! I just started half training and I'm trying to get to bed at reasonable times...and I canNOT fall (or stay) asleep. What's the deal?

    Glad to hear that your little one is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go! 4 miles is not easy! I really need to catch up on Nashville.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay on the 4.5 miles! Boo to the sick bb.

    P.S. On a Nashville note, I think Deacon is going to start drinking.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way to go on the 4.5 miles! That is great. Sorry about the sickies. It sucks, I know.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Way to go on the 4.5 miles! That is great. Sorry about the sickies. It sucks, I know.

    ReplyDelete
  9. There is no way I could run that late, but I bet you slept good! I also get into funks with blogging, just how I feel pressure to keep up but don't feel like I can stop. I know how ya feel!! Glad the babe is doing better!!

    ReplyDelete