Friday, February 22, 2013

A whole lot of nothing

As some of you may have heard, unless you've been living under a rock, we had a major snowstorm here in the midwest yesterday. This resulted in daycare (and pretty much all other schools) being closed, me being stuck in the house and attempting and failing to work from home. At this point, I'm lucky if I can string two coherent sentences together so prepare yourself for a bit of randomness.

I don't know what the official snowfall was, but I have to say it was at least 10 inches at my house. Enough to cover up the first to steps of our front porch.
First two are the back parking lot and the third is the front yard.
Jason went outside last night to shovel the driveway and at one point I could tell his back was really hurting him. I told him to come inside and I would finish up, but the stubborn man stayed out and finished. I did go out and decided to shovel our elderly neighbors' driveway. That was quite the workout. There was a lot of snow. Gold star for me.

I haven't showered since Wednesday morning. I'm feeling all kinds of gross. I had every intention of running yesterday, but didn't get around to it. I took a nap instead. Today, I'm going to do it, though. I just need to wait until the munchkin goes down for a nap. I don't trust that ornery little girl to be unsupervised upstairs by herself while I'm on the treadmill.
Stinker kept jumping on this chair
I finally ordered the Advocare 10 day Cleanse. After reading about Mel's terrific results, how could I not? I realize that it will take discipline on my part. I just need it to give me a kickstart. My weight loss has been non-existent and I've actually gained weight since I started the DietBet. I might as well be throwing money down the drain.

I may have had half of a cantaloupe for lunch. And a spoonful of peanut butter. And the leftover pizza that Emmeline didn't eat. I didn't even want the pizza, I just don't like food going to waste. Overeating isn't a problem for me when I'm at home. Quite the opposite, actually. I, more often than not, will forget to eat until late in the day when I'm starving. I haven't really had an issue with emotional eating. Eating is just something that you have to do, although I do enjoy good food. I don't always make the best food choices (like pizza).

I really, really want to get a new tattoo. I'm just having difficulty on deciding what to get. Have I mentioned what a horrible decision maker I am?  I've thought about getting a quote, but I don't know what. I've also looked at the Celtic knots for sisters and mothers and have contemplated both of those. Ugh, I just need to decide on something and get it done.

Hope everyone has a great weekend! I think the roads are clear enough now for me to go get some wine. Lord knows I need it... and a shower. I really kind of reek.

3 comments:

  1. I am the same way! I eat way more when I am NOT home. I think I am going to do the cleanse too. I have it in my cart just havent clicked pay now yet. When are you going to start?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would FREAK OUT with all that snow!
    Seriously, I wouldn't know what to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When are you doing the cleanse? I have gained weight too, and also threw money down the dietbet drain.

    ReplyDelete