Friday, March 22, 2013

Fat to Fit Friday

The Elsa post is a lot harder for me to write than I thought it would be, so instead today I am linking up with Marcy, Jenna and Lori for Fat to Fit Fridays.

button

I have been stuck in a plateau for about 2 months now. I have been hovering right around 145-147 lbs and it hasn't been going down. I did have my own personal "cleanse" last Saturday after having some beers Friday night and saw 143 on the scale, but that didn't last too long.

I have just been having a lot of trouble with motivating myself to get off the couch and work out. Last week, I started back up on Jillian's Ripped in 30 and I was doing so well. I managed to do it every day with one rest day. This week, I did the Week 2 session once on Sunday and I haven't touched it since. After all the muscle pain I went through the first few days, you'd think I wouldn't want to quit and go through that again. Nope, it is just too easy for me to talk myself out of a workout, especially when it is 9:00PM and all I want to do is veg on the couch.

Last night, I talked Jason into making dinner (even if it was homemade pizza) and I got my running gear on and got my butt on the treadmill. I ran for 38 minutes and depending upon whether you trust my Nike+ app or the treadmill, that was either 3.5 or 2.8 miles. Nike+ app says I'm running 11 minute miles, the treadmill says 14 min miles so I'm just going to average. If spring ever decides to get here, I'm going to get outside to run and see what my pace really is. I'm just too big of a wuss to run in cold and snow. I'm no Kate, here.


This week, I also had the chance to do a little shopping at Old Navy since I had a $25 gift card burning a hole in my pocket. I tried on a few dresses and some shirts and ended up buying a size Small in everything. I cannot remember the last time I was ever a Small. When I was hanging up my purchases, I decided to try on some of the other dresses I have in my closet. Most are a size 12/14 and they were enormous! I couldn't believe that they were just falling off of me. Such a revelation to me about how far I've come.


February 2012

I got the orange one and the green one


Sometimes, I get caught up in the little minute details of day to day life and I really just need to take a minute and look at the big picture. Does this plateau suck? Absolutely. Does this negate everything I've done so far? Absolutely not! It is just a matter of getting out of my own head and not letting me talk myself out of working it when I know that I will regret it in the long run. Maybe I also need an accountability partner. Hmmm...

What are some of the things that keep you motivated? And who wants to be my annoying friend to text me about working out?

16 comments:

  1. girl...email me at tracyjablonski at gmail dot com and I will give you my number and we can motivate each other. Good for you to look at the big picture...keep up the good work and you will see the numbers before no time...I hit the same plateu and finally broke it...you can to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG you are doing so amazing! I don't trust my nikeapp either even though I want to because it says I am doing better than what I am actually doing on the deathmill bahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I don't do running in the snow either!!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all of the dresses and you look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you didn't get dress #1, looks like a moo-moo (or is it mu-mu?). :) You've come a long way in a year, I think it's great! And a size small, I dream of that someday! :) You're doing great, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am visiting from the link-up! I do not blame you for not wanting to workout in the cold! I have sucked this week at working out too! Next week is going to be different! How awesome to see clothes being too big! That is an amazing feeling! BTW I loved all of those dresses!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am the same way about wanting to workout outside. There is just something about running/walking in the nice weather that seems about 1000 times better than running/walking on your treadmill in the basement. It's nice to try on things and have them be too big, I'm happy for you! And you look amaze in that orange dress! It is so cute and totally your color! xo

    -Katie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Im with you. I haven't worked out in about 3 weeks. I need to get back into it too.
    Also, I love the dresses you got!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow that is an awesome transformation - youre doing great!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am visiting from the link up too. SIZE SMALL, SHUT THE FRONT DOOR! I can only dream of size small. Okay one day I will get there. CONGRATS!! I liked the dresses you picked out. You will get back on the workout wagon. Don't be hard on yourself. You like great by the way, I love the before and after pics. Your doing great, keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Man, buying a small effing ROCKS. Great job! Music keeps me motivated. When I get sick of my playlist, I tend to skip runs. Gotta mix it up.

    I nominated you for a Liebster award, you skinny betch. It's not a real thing, so don't get too excited. Come participate in the mommy-blogger game so I don't feel super lame.

    http://nerky.blogspot.com/2013/03/frisky-friday-liebster-edition.html

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Accountability partner? Me me me! :) I'm not sure how that works, so maybe you were thinking of someone IRL and not on blogland, but we're weight twinsies, so I figure we should stick together! I'm platueing at 147-149 (which makes me the fat twin...story of my life) and it IS really hard to stay motivated. When you said this: "Does this plateau suck? Absolutely. Does this negate everything I've done so far? Absolutely not!" It really hit home! I needed that today. Thanks, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look awesome - seeing those pictures of you is jaw-dropping! What a transformation! You should definitely be proud of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wish I didn't live on the other side of KC from you, we could be running buddies!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I also nominated you for a Liebster award.. Come play along..

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am oh so familiar with the 145-147 plateau. Check your calories. I upped mine recently and lost 4 more!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You don't even look the same as the before you! You look great! Sorry we didn't have a chance to meet up this week.. Todd was quite the travel nazi. We had fun, but I am glad to be back home... just in time for 6-11 inches if snow

    ReplyDelete