Here are the rules.
Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
11 Things about Me
I am going to take the lazy route here since this post is already ridiculously long. You can read things about me here, here and here. I'm amazing, really.
First up, I have these questions posed to me by the lovely Alicia. She has a modern family of her own also with 5 kids and is just as sweet as she can be. Plus, she loves beer. Friend in my book!
- What is your dream vacation? I desperately want to travel around Europe and visit all the fun touristy places as well as the “off the beaten path” places.
- Your favorite childhood memory?
- How you started blogging? I just thought it would be fun to start doing since I enjoyed reading everyone else’s.
- Favorite color? Orange
- First thing you do in the morning? Pee, then shower
- Night owl or morning person? Night Owl most definitely. I absolutely hate getting up early.
- Favorite TV show? Right now it is Amazing Race, I’m addicted.
- Ideal night out? A casual night out with a group of friends for a few drinks and a lot of laughs
- Beer or wine? Both, depends upon my mood
- What's your job? I work on quarterly statements for a large 401(k) recordkeeping company.
- Favorite season? Summer, bring on the heat!
Next up, is the amazing Jennifer. This girl absolutely cracks me up with her blog posts and her pics on IG.
- Who is your embarrassing celeb crush? If you only love the pretty
publicly acceptablecelebs who is your crush in general? I have always had a weird crush on Tim Curry, love him.
- Who is your favorite musician/artist/autotuned aficionado? Tough call, I like so many different musicians/bands. Alternative rock is probably my genre of choice, though.
- What is your favorite book either of all time or book de jour? The Eight by Katherine Neville – love this book and have read it too many times to count
- What is the funniest memory you have? My sister trying to figure out why “the clap” was a slang term for gonorrhea or syphilis. I have not laughed that hard in a really long time.
- What is the most important trait in a significant other? Sense of humor
- If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go? Right now, the Caribbean. I need a vacation somewhere tropical.
- What did you want to be when you grew up? An actress as I have a flair for the dramatic
- If you could meet one person living or dead, who would it be and why? Agatha Christie, I think she would be a fascinating old broad to have a chat with.
- What talent do you wish you possessed? I wish I could be organized.
- What song would you blare at full volume and sing at the top of your lungs? Wake Up Call by Maroon 5
- If you could travel back in time, which decade would you visit and why? The 1880’s in England. I think it would be so much fun to experience the Season with high society
And last, but definitely not least is Nerky Meg. From her Harry Potter obsession to her general hilarity, I knew we were destined to be friends. She regularly cracks me up with her stories.
- Who is your "free pass"? This keeps changing, but at the moment I would say Adam Levine. A musician covered in tattoos? Yes, please.
- What is your next fitness/health goal? If you tell me, I'll keep up with you. I have been a huge slacker in this department lately. But I really would love to lose another 10-15 pounds and tone up this spare tire of pudge I have hanging around my mid-section.
- Have you ever stolen anything? I may have taken some shoes from Payless… while I was working there… and subsequently got fired.
- What did you want to be when you grew up when you were a kid? An actress
- What do you want to be when you grow up now? I still don’t know, I just want to be important and have people admire me.
- What was your sluttiest Halloween costume? Be honest. I actually never did the slutty Halloween costume. The closest I came was dressing as a schoolgirl with the plaid skirt and knee socks.
- What are you scared shitless of? Something bad happening to one of my kids. I also have an irrational fear of driving off a bridge into a river. I’ve had numerous dreams about it. Someone psychoanalyze me please.
- What is your secret talent? I have a pretty decent singing voice, but never sing in public. I also have a vast knowledge of useless trivia.
- Tell me a secret. I may have just received my first new “toy”.
- Tell me a story from your childhood. When I was about 9 years old, my siblings and I were over at my grandparents’ house. Everyone else was napping and I was bored and decided I wanted to go home. I ended up walking about 2 miles or so to my house and freaked everyone out when they woke up.
- Are you a neat freak? I wish, but no. I pretty much exist in “clean clutter”. I hate to clean and will put it off as long as possible. At work, however, I have a weird obsession with wiping off all the counters in the break room and the bathroom. Apparently, I can live with my own mess but not anyone else’s.
BONUS: What's your if-it-didn't-have-calories-I'd-eat-that-shit-every-day food? Bagels and cream cheese
Here are my questions for my nominees:
- What is one thing you do when no one else is looking?
- Are you a books or movies type of person?
- What is one characteristic about yourself that you love?
- What is one characteristic about yourself that you hate?
- Most surprising thing about being a mom?
- Do you have siblings? What is your birth order?
- Do you like to read horoscopes or do you consider it all a bunch of bunk?
- If you could live anywhere in the country (US) where would you choose?
- Favorite restaurant?
- Are you tech savvy?
- What is your favorite outfit?
Have a great weekend everyone! I get to go watch the girls play soccer in the mud. Should be good times.