Monday, March 4, 2013

Monday blahs

Monday morning and I'm feeling like death warmed over. Pretty apropos, I suppose. I have been hit with a nasty head cold and have been sneezing and coughing all weekend. I really just want to curl up in bed, but I actually have real work to do so in the office I am. At least I look pretty good.


My weekend was super low-key. I just had Paige and Elsa this weekend, and since I wasn't feeling great we just stayed in. I was hoping they would go outside and make me a snowman for my front yard, but that never happened. Guess I'll keep on having snowman envy of my neighbors'.

Jason kind of clued me in to the fact that I spend a lot of time in sweatpants at home. I got up Sunday morning and showered and put on a pair of jeans and a t-shirt. He asked me why I was so dressed up. Ouch. To my credit, we do work together so he does see me dressed up for work. I just don't put in the effort on weekends, apparently.

I did take the girls to Costco on Sunday (the reason for me "dressing up") as I had to get my food ready for the 10 day cleanse that everyone in the blog world is doing these days. However, whiny kids + bitchy mama + too many people = everyone in a bad mood. That place was too busy for me to handle when I wasn't feeling good and Elsa whining about this, that and the other did nothing to help my mood.

After I dropped the girls off with their dad last night, I hit up Hy-Vee to pick up the remaining things that I couldn't get at Costco which meant that my food prep didn't begin until almost 9:30PM. Needless to say, I didn't get as much done as I wanted, but I was prepared for today. Until I got to work and realized that I left the lettuce for my salad in the refrigerator. Perfect.

Happy Cleanse week everyone!

12 comments:

  1. Good luck with the cleanse! I like your new layout; especially the self-proclaimed "best girlfriend ever" ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss Hy Vee do you remember their pizza samples form back in the day?? Love your new design..... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Cleanse Week and Monday baby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww!! You'll figure out lunch don't stress. Monday's sure can be MEAN! Hope it turns around lady!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mondays suck! And they always will unfortunatley I am starting the cleanse today too! Don't stress too much which is hard when you don't feel prepared I'm sure you'll figure it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ugghhh Mondayz. I jumped for joy when I saw the snow falling this morning and realized I could work from home (and you better buh-lieve I'm not dressing up at all today)! Good luck with the cleanse this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck on the cleanse lady - it will all work out :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck on your cleanse!

    I also like to wear nothing but sweats around the house. The only problem is, mine don't fit so I have to wear Todd's... Oops!

    Even though Costco is my happy place...Costco on the weekend makes me want to kill a bitch, and makes me super crabby. I have found that the best day of the week for Costco is Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now I want on the cleanse train. lol Hope you are feeling better! Summer needs too come quick!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dayuummmm, you clean up good. I am loving the skirt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha my husband used to say that to me. Now he regrets it bc I love to shop to "dress up", haha!

    ReplyDelete