Thursday, April 18, 2013

Finish that Sentence... again

I am barely here today. Seriously, I could go to sleep at my desk I am so tired. I guess that's what comes of getting up at 4:30AM yesterday morning to run 2 1/2 miles and then starting week 2 of Jillian's 30 Day Shred. Yeah, I'm bad ass not really.

My morning run yesterday was prompted by a small panic attack that I had earlier in the week. Remember last month when I said that I volunteered to run the half marathon for corporate challenge in May? Well, right after that, someone else who actually had run long distances said that she would do it  instead. I was really very relieved. Fast forward to this week; she hurt her foot at another event and asked if I would still be willing to do it. Um, sure. I haven't trained at all, but I can run 13.1 miles in a month, no problem. Cue hyperventilating and breathing into a paper bag.

To say that I'm nervous as hell is an understatement. Running a half marathon at the end of September is one thing, running it in the middle of May is quite another. Considering that I have not run longer than 5 miles at one time, I'm going to have to get my ass outside and start pounding those miles out on the pavement. I did do that 10K in February, but ended up walking a good portion of it. However, I did finish in 1:25 so even if I do have to walk, as long as I keep that pace I can still eek it out in just under 3 hours (which is the time limit). Somebody hold me.

My only other item on the agenda today is Part 3 of Holly and Jake's Finish the Sentence linkup. C'mon and join in the fun. You know you want to.

button

1. I laughed so hard I cried when... Mel and Holly were sharing their spouses' vasectomy stories.
2. My high school... was huge. I had 555 kids in my graduating class. We had mobile trailers on the campus for extra classrooms. The city has now expanded more so there are actually 3 high schools. Fun fact: I attended the same high school that my mom and her siblings did and Hannah is attending the same high school that her dad did.
3. It really pisses me off... Traffic. All traffic pisses me off. I am in full road rage mode every morning on the way to work. People are either not paying attention and do something stupid or they are so self-important that they must weave in and out of other cars or they have all the time in the world and are driving below the speed limit. Give me an empty highway any day.
4. In ten years... I could possibly be a grandmother. Hannah will be 27 and Cordie will be 23. And now, I'm depressed.
5. If I could erase one thing... I would take away the fights that my ex and I had at the top of our lungs while the girls were in the house. Or I would tell myself not to get those God-awful glasses right before my senior year of high school. Should have stuck with contacts.
6. In 1999... I copied Jennie Garth's hairstyle when she cut off all her hair in 90210, moved to St. Louis, MO and became pregnant with Cordie.
7. Honestly... I don't talk to my siblings nearly enough.
8. To me, Sushi... is okay. I've never had really good sushi from a legit restaurant, only the prepackaged stuff you get from the grocery store. I don't think I can form a complete opinion yet.
9. Someone really needs to invent... I wish I had an idea for a new invention. Then I could be on infomercials and on the box of the product in the "as seen on TV" aisle of Wal-Mart.
10. The first time I drank alcohol... I was 14 and it was at a party at my grandparents' house. I just kept filling up glasses of white wine and 7-Up until I was hammered. It was great until I got sick. My parents were not pleased.
11. The one question I would ask God is... Why cancer?
12. Lindsay Lohan... I like her better as a redhead (shocker).

8 comments:

  1. your school was huge..funny story about my school..there has been a Gerrard at Lee Academy EVERY SINGLE YEAR since it opened in 1968. Thanks for linking with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um serious road rager here, it's a problem :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! I love that you got drunk at your grandparents' house for the first time! Uh that is awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl,get to a Japanese steakhouse and get some real sushi. I always had the pre packaged stuff too but the real stuff is heaven!!
    I think you'll do fine at the marathon!! Why don't you look at it as practice for Indy? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had the Kelly haircut too. How funny!!! You shoukd have stayed in STL... just saying!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My high school was all of 120 people!! I went to a Lutheran school. Oh yes, it was HUGE...LOL And to top that off, it was a bunch a trailer's that were connected.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LiLo was so much better as a redhead, I agree!! :) And how is Jason's little man doing?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also agree, Lindsey was much better as a red head! And, 555 people you your class!?!?! Thats bigger than my entire high school (9-12), and, I also went to the same school that my mom, my aunt, and my uncle graduated from. My grandpa also was a math Teacher there (before I attended) and my brother also graduated from there... small towns.

    ReplyDelete