Tuesday, April 2, 2013

No Free Pass

You know how people like to have their celebrity "free pass"? Like if you ever happened to run into a celebrity you've been drooling over and he/she actually wants to have sex with you, your significant other would be totally fine with that? Turns out I don't get one of those. I found out last night that Jason did not care for my Liebster post where I talked about hottie Adam Levine.


In his words, "the guy is in great shape, doesn't look anything like me and you want to have sex with him". He said that it made him feel like shit. I understand that this is coming from a place of real insecurity for him. He is not happy with his body or how he looks and reading about my celebrity crush only exacerbated those feelings.

I actually happen to find Jason incredibly sexy and have told him so many times. I don't think he believes me yet. He knows that he needs to workout, but has not quite had that "a-ha moment" yet. He has to find that motivation within to work on himself. I can't push him to do something that he's not ready to do yet.

For the record, if I ever did meet Adam Levine and he did want to have sex with me, I wouldn't do it. It would be too intimidating and too much pressure. Plus, who wants to have sex with someone who is way hotter than you? Speaking from a woman's perspective, of course. Anyway, I have a great thing going and I don't want to mess it up.


Switching gears, it turns out that you also cannot have a free pass with food and exercise. We've all heard that "You are what you eat" and "Abs are made in the kitchen", but something really hit home for me tonight.

I have always had a "tendency towards asthma" as I was growing up. Not full blown asthma, just would get winded easily and I would start wheezing. Hence, the reason I was never an athlete. Standing in the outfield and kicking the grass during softball doesn't really count in my book.

As I started a real goal to lose weight and started watching what I was eating, I didn't get as wheezy as often, especially when I cut out sugar. Tonight, it all came rushing back though. I have been snacking my way through the Easter candy because apparently I have no self control. I told this girl that I would do Jillian's 30 Day Shred this month and I am actually going to finish the damn thing. Tonight was day 1 and I was wheezing my way through the entire workout. Obviously sugar is not my friend and although I already knew that, tonight was just an example of how eating healthy can really make a difference in your life. It is nice to have those realizations that smack you in the face every so often.

I posted this picture on IG last night and I cringed while doing it. However, I was looking back at some older pictures and it really struck me at how far I've come. I may still have love handles and a poochy tummy, but I look a hell of a lot better than I did 35 lbs ago.

4/1/13 - 146 lbs  I'm 5'4"

September 2012

About 165 lbs
I have to say that I really hate those pictures and it makes me sad that I let myself be that way for such a long time. However, being thinner and healthier now just makes it that much sweeter. I worked for it as there was no free pass and no magic pill. Just good old busting my ass. Now, who wants to come and hide this Easter candy from me?

18 comments:

  1. Wow girl! In just 6 months- you are amazing!!! We didn't work out for like 3 weeks and it's been hard to start back up. Definitely winded too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazing!

    I'll hide (or eat) your Easter candy if you'll hide mine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know exactly what you mean about the free pass thing. I would never be able to do it. It's nice in theory, but wouldn't actually happen.

    I think you look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your progress is amazing!! I am a sugar addict too and struggling right now after Easter. I started and now can't seem to stop!

    And I am getting to your questions for the Leibster award! I feel so special!! haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome work! Just mail the candy my way;-) I am committed to exercising everyday in April; of any sort and tracking my eats. We can check in with each other. Give JM a run for her $!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look amazing!!! And I just got really excited that you're my height. I am always looking for people that are closer to my body type but everyone seems to be four foot or a giant! Haha anyways, I know all body types are different but it helps me seeing people my height and how they change because I can kinda compare it to myself. Wheeeeew. Longest comment award goes to me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Girl you look great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My pantry is filled with candy right now and my Diet Bet weigh in is tomorrow and I lost. BOO!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. For the record, I probably would chicken out if Adam Levine ever wanted to have sex with me. I'm sorry my question was the cause of that! That's a super cute picture of y'all.

    You look awesome, I'm glad you put your height up too. The same weight at 5'0" and 6'0" is drastically different looking.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look amazing, especially since you've had 5 kiddos! And you have lots of courage because I don't think I could ever post pictures without a shirt on. You go girl! Love reading your blog :) I had some downtime at work and read your blog from the beginning...love, love, love! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. PS- your man is way hotter than Adam Levine ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! Your progress pics are amazing! Keep up the good work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look incredible :) What a great tranformation!! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look awesome!! Grat job! I'd kill to look how you do right now! And, you hubby is a cutie! Tell him not to be so hard on himself!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look fantastic! Holiday's are hell on self control. I agree that your boy is adorbs and needs to realize Adam would be so lucky to land you the girl he has...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your progress in the last 6 months is amazing... especially your face and stomach-- you look so much younger now. Seriously.

    And don't you love Nerky?! I am doing the Shred with ya!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I haven't taken pictures of myself in over a year for weight loss. I will someday, but it's not happening anytime soon I don't think...not unless I'm fully covered of course.

    My weight loss hasn't been happening as well as I'd like. I'm taking Zumba classes 3x a week, lifting weights 3x a week and I've been more active with my kids, eating better (but not the absolute best yet!) and it's not coming off...but at least I'm maintaining...that's what I keep telling myself... I'm not getting fatter (which if I weren't at the gym 3x a week, I would be!). Once hubby is gone for this underway, I'm amping it up to 5-7 days a week at the gym along with 1-2 times a week at the pole studio. I need to get this thing done.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You look amazing, you should be so proud of your results..

    ReplyDelete
  18. You have done amazing!! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete