Thursday, May 30, 2013

What's Up for Summer

Good morning campers! I am linking up today with Holly and Trista to talk about a few things I'm doing/want to do this summer.
button


First up we have my 39th birthday in a mere 8 days. The very last year of my 30's. My 30's have been pretty good to me although I absolutely hated being in my early 30's. Now that I am older and wiser (and thinner) the 40's aren't looking too bad.

As a birthday present to myself, I am planning on getting a new tattoo. I'll keep the deets a surprise for now, but rest assured I'll be posting it on IG.

We are heading down to Joplin in a couple weeks to visit with Jason's family. I also will be meeting up with Darci for a fun nighttime 5K.

Later in June (such a good month), I'll be heading to the Lou to meet up with Holly, Mel, Kimmy, Marcy and Ashley. To say I'm excited is the understatement of the year. It is going to be the best weekend EVAH!

That's about it as far as planned activities for the summer. I really want to take a vacation with the girls, but where and when is still undecided. I also want to travel down to Dallas this summer to visit with my family, but also maybe meet up with NerkyMeg. Girl cracks me up.

I'd like to get some more races under my belt and begin my official half marathon training (didn't you just run one?) so I can improve my time and endurance.

Other than that, it will be lots of lazy weekends at the pool with my girls which are always the best kind.

What are your plans for the summer?


11 comments:

  1. I CAN NOT WAIT TIL JUNE 21ST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are going to have a great summer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great summer! Can't wait to see what your tattoo is going to be!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm excited for your new tattoo!! Can't wait to see pics!!

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, so many blates! Lucky!

    I can't wait for it to get warm enough for a few pool parties! Honestly, I just want to lay out. Gah, so pasty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad to hear your thirties have been good to you. I turn 30 next year and have been a little down bc of it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to see your new ink. I love summer days by the pool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ummm...you must be lying about turning 39!!! You look soooooo young!!! Holy Moly girl, I would have guessed you at 30! Your summer plans sound awesome!! The meet up in the Lou is going to be so fun, for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your plans :) Wish I was coming along too!! And holla for training for our half mary :) It is going to be a great summer :) And 39 peeesh...you dont look it one tiny bit :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jealous of all your meetups!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute blog! I've got a summer project I'm doing starting June 1 (tomorrow): I am inviting my readers to make the switch from chemical, toxic household cleaners to cheap, non-toxic, chemical free DIY cleaners! I will be posting simple recipes that really clean all month long. If this is something you would be interested in, please feel free to check it out! AshleyBensonFitness.com Hope you have a great summer!

    ReplyDelete