Monday, July 1, 2013

New Month and a Recommitment

Last week marked the 1 year anniversary of my decision to get fit and healthy. I lost 30 pounds in 6 months and my weight has been pretty much stayed the same for 6 months. As of January 4, I weighed 147.2. As of this morning, it was 148.8. I was going to take my measurements too, but I couldn't find my tape measure anywhere. I have noticed that laziness has started to set in as well as a general disregard for my eating habits.

So, since today is the first of a new month (and my sister's birthday - Happy Birthday Rach!) I am re-committing to my goal of getting fit. I am still a little more squishy around the midsection than I would like and I want to improve my running times. I feel like I am so slow. There is a new Shred challenge that is starting around Blogland, although I may try Ripped in 30 instead. I still have yet to complete a full 30 days of one of Jillian's DVD's. My half marathon training also begins this week. I plan to be in tip-top shape for that half marathon at the end of September.

My eating is the next thing I need to get under control. I have just been out of control eating crap and it is really telling in how I've been feeling. No thanks to my coworker who brings in food every damn day. I am going to see if I can get Jason on board with doing the Whole30 challenge again or at least trying to eat 80% Paleo. I think it will make a huge difference.

Jason is also getting to the point where he is fed up with his weight and being unhealthy. He is not one to do it by himself though so he is looking into joining a gym. He hates wasting money so I know that will be a good motivator for him. Plus, if he is working out then I know that will be a big kick in the butt for me to do it as well.

I did get outside for a run yesterday after a week and a half hiatus. Once again proving to myself that I need to keep up a consistent workout schedule or I am just going to be backtracking. I need to stop bitching about all the hills in my neighborhood and just use them to my advantage. If I train on hills, then flat courses should be a breeze!

The picture doesn't do it justice

Any new challenges you are committing to this month? Whole30 survivors?

8 comments:

  1. It's always easier when everyone in the house is working towards similar goals. I finally had enough of waiting around for my Husband to start with me, so last June I said F this I'm doing it! 9 months later, I finally got him on board! It's sososo much easier now! Good luck to you & Jason this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made it a week doing whole30... I can't live without cream in my coffee (switched to heavy cream from half and half because it's less processed?!). I still try to avoid bread, pasta, rice but no quinoa either? Wahh. Have you completed it to a "T" or not yet? 30 lbs lost is great and 148 lbs is good :) I'm 145 and also agree on the squishy mid section. It's the hardest part to tone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy Crap that is a HILL! Lord have mercy!! That is the best cardio though and will get you in tip top shape too and bring on faster times. You can do this!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in this month to win this month - we got this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that pic.... Hahaha. I am the same way with runs, I need to keep at it with no time off or I backtrack majorly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I started JM's body revolution...so far a lot more variety than her 30 day dvd's. Good luck recommiting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You will rock the challenge! AND...it will be so much easier doing it with Jason! :) You guys will keep each other motivated, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can so relate!! I'm trying (once again) to get my eating back on track. I've cut refined sugars for the past 1.5 weeks, and I'm 6 days wheat-free. Not sure how it's going yet, other than I am grumpy as all heck!! OMG someone get me a loaf of french bread, stat! LOL! Also trying to consistently run - I've been training for a 10K for months now and going nowhere...

    ReplyDelete