Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Pinup and Tattoo Pics

Is it too late to do a weekend recap? Since I did it last week on Wednesday, I'm going to go with no. I haven't blogged in a hot minute but honestly I haven't had that much going on. Work and home and that's about it. However, I did have an amazing weekend so I'll share that with you.


I alluded to it a little bit last week, but I actually got the chance to be a part of a pinup/boudoir photo shoot. It was very last minute and it was in St. Louis, but no way I was going to pass up on the chance. I had been wanting to do one for a really long time. So, we got Jason's mom and sister to come up and babysit, got the hotel booked and headed out to the Lou on Saturday morning. Did I mention that I even managed to squeeze in a short run before we left? Made me feel so much better.

We ended up running a little late, but it worked out in the end. Bethany, the photographer, had a huge suite booked and had people there to do hair and makeup for all the girls. There was also a woman with a whole range of jewelry for the shoot. Can I just say that this was really an amazing experience? I felt so pampered and beautiful and sexy and I already want to do another one. I got to have three outfit changes and I went with more clothes than lingerie. Next time, I'm getting some super sexy lingerie. Bethany was so sweet and professional and you can tell that she really loves what she does.

I cannot wait to see how the pictures turned out. I may get a sneak peek tonight and am super excited. I'll be sure and share especially if I look really good. ;) Anyway, if you are ever in the St. Louis area, you should definitely contact Bethany at BeeJay Photography. Seriously, she's wonderful.

I didn't get a chance to hang out with my STL girls since they all had other things going on and this was last minute, but Jason and I still had a good time. It was nice to have time away by ourselves and then there was hotel sex. Enough said.

Jason actually got a chance to have his picture taken on Sunday. Lars Van Zandt, the tattoo artist who did his half sleeve and his pinup girl was compiling pictures for a new portfolio. Since the timing coordinated with the St. Louis trip and his shop is in Columbia, it worked out perfectly. We stopped in and had some lunch at Shakespeare's Pizza, and I got to see my brother (who is one of the managers) and chat with him a bit. He is still in fun single guy mode, but I'm hoping that someday he'll like someone enough to introduce her to his three big sisters. :)

After lunch, we went back to Iron Tiger and got the pictures done and I think they are going to turn out very cool looking. Back in the car to come home and relax for a minute before our whirlwind weekend was over and it was back to work. I'm just counting down the days of the week, though since I have all next week off for my staycation with the girls. Sorry, I took absolutely no pictures this weekend. (Worst blogger ever)

Have you ever done boudoir pics? Get features in a tattoo artist's portfolio? Other cool picture stories?

3 comments:

  1. I hope you post some pics on here!! I would love to do a boudoir shoot. Maybe once I get to my ideal weight it can be something to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so awesome! I had a shoot done and loved it. I want to do it in another 5 years!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun weekend! Can't wait to see your pictures!

    ReplyDelete