Tuesday, August 27, 2013

20 Things About Me

I'd seen this floating around Instagram lately, so I thought I'd join in. I've done a few of these in the past so I'll try not to repeat myself too much.

  1. I am a very loyal friend. I may not call you or text you every single day, but I will always be there when you need me. All you have to do is reach out.
  2. I tend to gravitate towards people younger than me. Not sure why, but most of my friends have typically been younger than me with the exception of college.
  3. I absolutely hate talking about my feelings. I have gotten better about it since Jason will prod me to talk, but I still have a lot of work to do in that area. 
  4. I cannot stand people/kids screaming. If my girls start it up, I shut that shit down really fast. At the pool this past weekend, a group of girls were playing Marco Polo and I wanted to stab myself in the ear.
  5. I am never more pissed off than I am when I'm driving. I have terrible road rage and zero patience for stupid drivers or any other drivers, for that matter.
  6. I have an irrational fear of driving off a bridge into a river. I've had multiple dreams about it and is scares the crap out of me. Especially the thought of the girls being in the car with me.
  7. I am near sighted in my left eye and far sighted in my right eye. I've worn glasses/contacts since I was 9 years old. I did have a lazy eye that I got to wear an eye patch for until it was corrected. Fortunately, I never had to wear it out of the house.
  8. I am right handed, but I always wear my watch on my right hand. I know you are supposed to wear it on the opposite hand, but it just feels weird to me.
  9. I love wearing dresses and skirts.
  10. My favorite color is orange especially paired with navy blue.
  11. I very rarely have my nails painted. I'm just too lazy to do it. I've only ever had two pedicures in my life and both of them have been in the past year.
  12. I love astrology. It is cheesy and corny, but I think it is absolutely fascinating. I'm a Gemini.
  13. I had my appendix out when I was three years old. I don't remember it, but I have a (not so) awesome scar.
  14. I've never had a broken bone.
  15. Of all my pregnancies, only Elsa decided to be born on her own. I had to be induced with the other four. She still does things on her own timetable.
  16. I have been pregnant a total of 3.75 years.
  17. I have absolutely no desire to have any more kids, nor do I regret not having any boys.
  18. My biggest dream is to travel the world. I don't want to be stuck in Missouri for the rest of my life.
  19. To go along with that, I would love, love, love to be on the Amazing Race. 
  20. I'm scared to get married again. I didn't realize it until recently, but that fear is there. I don't want to fuck up someone else's life again.
  21. I strive to teach my daughters to learn to love themselves, flaws and all and to not pick themselves apart.

There you have it. There are so many more things, but mind tends to go blank after a while. Happy Tuesday!

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous picture! I liked this post! Might have to steal the idea myself! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to do the Amazing Race too!!! Let's do it together!! I also have the driving off a bridge fear! Like even in the winter, I roll down my windows incase I need to escape, once I hit the water!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm terrified of driving off a bridge too!! So scary!
    I commute three hours a day, so road rage is a huge factor here!

    ReplyDelete