Monday, August 5, 2013

Back At It

You know how some people love to shout out every little detail of their life? Well, that is so not me. I am more like a turtle. If I am having personal issues or problems, I will withdraw into my shell and just not talk to people. It is a really bad trait because I'm sure there are people who would be willing to help me out. I just hate asking for help. Anyway, that is the reason for my blogging hiatus. I'm just trying to work through my shit so bear with me here.

My week vacation with the girls went really well. We didn't really do much except relax and go to the pool. Cordie and Elsa and I went out shopping on Friday and got some Cold Stone Creamery which was fun. I would have loved to have been able to travel somewhere, but it just wasn't in the cards. It was a great break from work and I was sad when I had to come back last week.


I have been transitioning to my new role at work and it has been rather busy and stressful. I think it is going to be a good change, though once I'm fully on board and have trained the person fully to take over my old job. It is just kind of hard to do two jobs at once. The overtime pay is nice, though. I did have a nice surprise waiting for me when I came back to work, though. As part of the Corporate Challenge wrap-up, they present an award named after an employee who was always very active and athletic and embodied the spirit of the competition. Sadly, he died unexpectedly at a fairly young age. Each year, the Scott Smith award is presented to a participant in Corporate Challenge nominated by other employees and voted on by a committee. This year, I won the award! I was so surprised and really honored.

This past weekend, I had all of the girls and we had a really good weekend together. It was one of those rare times when no one threw a tantrum and everyone got along. Those are the best weekends. We did go to a Harry Potter themed birthday party for my sister's boyfriend's daughter who turned 11. The party was very cute and the kids had a ball. The best gift she got by far, though was 20 $1 bills frozen in a block of ice. Chipping away at that ice kept the kids entertained for an hour. I'm totally stealing that idea.

Who knew a block of ice would be so much entertainment?
Half marathon training has been going very slowly. I know it is going to catch up with me, though so I just need to keep plugging along. Fortunately, the weather has been fairly cool recently and we've had a lot of rain so running outside isn't unbearable. I just need to do it every day.

I dropped the girls off in the pouring rain last night. They are all excited to start school next week. I still can't believe Hannah is going to be a senior in high school. She's already looking forward to moving out of the house. Always bittersweet to see them go for two weeks, but I know they are only a phone call or a Skype away. Plus, I get to come home to this and my heart just melts.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

7 comments:

  1. Adorable daddy/daughter photo:-) That's so awesome that you won that award! Just put it next to your TM or somewhere you can see it everyday and maybe it'll help motivate you for your 1/2 training. I did my first 10k (on my own) back postpartum raring up for my half on October 20th. We can grind through the pain "together." Get it girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your girls are beautiful. (Did I tell you that my Mamaw's name is Elsa??) I'm glad you had a nice week with them and that birthday party looked awesome - I loved the owl cake and the money-in-ice gift. Congrats on the award, that's terrific!!

    xoxo
    Rachel@rachelrunshermouth.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, If I didnt see a post from you today - I was going to email you - I get the whole - I dont want to blog Im having a shit week feeling - I felt it last week too :) Glad youre back at it and congrats on the award!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome job on the award! That is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to see you're back and congrats on the award!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go on the award!!! So awesome!!
    I took a 2 week break from blogging, and it was just what I needed. Some days I just don't have shit to say...lol! I am just not one that can come up with interesting stuff, to blog about, every day. And when I am in a personal funk, I like to keep to myself as well. I am happy you are back!! That bottom pic, is priceless!! Woo-hoo on the tantrum free weekend, with the kiddos!! Makes for a nice time!
    We are in full drama mode at my house. Dear God, my kids LOVE to fight! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Applause! Applause! on the award. That's awesome. :)

    I'm really struggling with content to blog about these days. Life has thrown a few (a lot) of curveballs and I just can't seem to wrap my head around it all. It sure makes it hard to blog when that crap happens, doesn't it? ;) Hope things get smoother for you soon.

    ReplyDelete