Monday, August 26, 2013

Highlights

Since my weekend was basically a whole lot of doing nothing, I thought I'd chat a bit about the past week. First off, thank you so much to those of you who responded to my post on Wednesday. Your kind words really meant so much. Not the easiest subject in the world to talk about, but it is a big part of my life.

Last Tuesday, I drove to Topeka to go to Cordie's Back to School night. I missed it last year so it was really interesting to hear about the things they do in 8th grade these days. They have the kids split into pods basically and they have a group of teachers teach in each pod (Math, Science, Language Arts). They also seem to focus a lot on emotional growth which I thought was really cool. So much different from when I was in junior high.

After the presentation, she gave her dad and I a little tour of her classes and I am again amazed at how grown up she is getting. 13 seems so young and so old all at the same time. I surprised her with a new phone (she finally got a smart phone) and then she and I went out for some Froyo. It was nice to have a little one on one time with her. I've got another trip to T-town on Thursday for Paige and Elsa's Back to School night.

This cold is still kicking my butt. I have been alternating between Dayquil and Nyquil to try and dry up my head so I've kind of felt like I've been in a fog. Exercise has been nonexistent because I just haven't had the energy. So, not only do I feel like crap because of this cold, I feel like crap because I'm not getting my workouts in. It has been a great week.
We did a lot of sleeping this weekend
 I still have this half marathon looming in the distance that I don't feel prepared for. I haven't had any volunteers to be my travel buddy so at this point, I don't even know if the trip is going to happen. I'm not making any decisions yet, I'm just going to see how things play out. I know some people have to have things planned out to the last minute detail, but that isn't me. I like to fly by the seat of my pants and see what happens.
This week, I'm going to try and get some running in. I'm not going to hit my 60insixty goal, so I'm just going to have to set myself a new goal. You only fail if you don't try, right?

2 comments:

  1. I like that they focus on emotional growth, kids need that!! Adults do too! Lol!
    Sorry you've been feeling crappy, hope it goes away soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you're feeling better sooner than later!!

    ReplyDelete