Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Realizations

Back to school time is here again! I'm going to go ahead and be a dick and say that this does not affect my daily routine all that much. This is both good and bad. Good because I don't have to deal with the daily drama of getting all the girls ready and off to school and bad because I don't get to see them every day. Downside of not having custody. The three younger girls started school yesterday and Hannah starts back to day. My big high school senior (sniff). I cannot believe that in one short year she will be off to college. Plus, she just got her first real job so my baby is all grown up.
First Day of School - 6th, 8th and 4th grades  

Emmeline is still in full three year old mode which means that she reminds me on a daily basis that I absolutely am done having kids. I can't get enough of her wild mood swings which alternate between hugs and kisses and rolling around on the floor screaming.
She's already taking selfies
At least I can get a little me time when I'm running. Speaking of which, I am supposed to be running a half marathon in less than two months. Am I ready for it? Hell no. Am I freaking out? Absolutely. I have been a ridiculous slacker that past few weeks, but am back at it again this week. I still have to get in my miles for the #60insixty challenge, plus I want to be able to run more than 3 miles without stopping to walk.

I'm thinking that this half will be my swan song. I realized that I just don't like running that much. I'll probably keep doing 5K's because those are manageable, but I will never be a long distance runner and that's okay.

I've also decided to give up drinking for a while. I tend to have a problem with overindulging and not knowing when to stop, especially if Jason isn't home with me. How sad is it to get completely blitzed when you are home with your kids? Very, at least to me. So, I'm making a conscious effort not to buy any alcohol. If I don't have it at home, I can't drink it and goodness knows I never go out anywhere. I'm not giving it up forever because I really do enjoy a beer or glass of wine at the end of a long day; but for now it is the right decision for me.

Any new realizations in your life?


3 comments:

  1. Your girls are so pretty! Nice work, mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Love their first day of school outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you referred to yourself as a dick!! My sister calls me a dick, when I am acting like a shit! :) Your girls are gorgeous!! I totally get the whole, don't buy the alcohol, because you will just drink it. I am pretty sure, I would drink wine every night, if I could get away with it, and not have someone tell me I need AA. Here is to you, taking a break...you got this!! xo

    ReplyDelete