Thursday, September 26, 2013

What's going on

So, I thought I'd give a little update about what's been going on the past couple of weeks. Honestly, it isn't that much. I live a pretty boring life.

This little monkey is just growing up way too fast. Her latest obsession is the Shrek movies. I have all four on DVD and she just rotates watching them. I'm trying to limit her TV time so she doesn't turn into a TV zombie, but she is a creature of routine and wants to watch it every day when we get home. She is learning so much at daycare and it amazes me what different observations she can make. One of her newer teachers asked me yesterday if we were planning on giving her a little brother or sister because she is so good with the younger kids. Um, no. When I explained that she was actually #5 and will remain the baby, I got the usual surprised face and the exclamation that I don't look old enough to have 5 kids. (That seriously never gets old).

Emmeline is very particular about her name, too, which cracks me up. Jason likes to call her Pumpkin as a little nickname and her response is always the same, "I not punkin, I Emmwine!" So cute. I started singing songs to her at bedtime and she expects the songs every single night now. A couple of them are ones that my great-aunt sang to me when I was little and I'm amazed that I still remember them. She will sing along every word with me and it just melts my heart. As long as we keep to the routine, then bedtime is really pretty easy, thank goodness.

Jason's favorite tattoo place, Iron Tiger, was running a special on $13 tattoos for Friday the 13th. Naturally, he took the day off of work so he could drive to Columbia and get a new tattoo. He had a great time and really gets along with all the artists that work there. Plus, he got a fun new tattoo and he's already itching for another one.

His dad and brother were trying to work out a weekend when all three of them could go camping and he was really excited about that. So, of course, it all started to go downhill. First, his dad wanted to get a cabin (um, that's not really camping) then his sister was going to join them (so much for a guy's weekend) then his sister-in-law was talking about coming, then all of a sudden, they had to change the weekend because his dad couldn't get off of work. GAH! Get it together already. Jason was pissed but won't say anything because he doesn't want to ruffle anyone's feathers. I told him to speak up, but we'll see what happens.

For me, work has been rather stressful and I'm trying to get everything caught up before my long weekend. Working out has been non-existent and I've pretty much been Lazy McChubbersons. I weighed in at 153 this morning which I was not happy about. I don't like seeing the number go up instead of down. I discovered that a coworker has a candy drawer that she stocks for the whole team and I have been eating candy like it's going out of style. I need to cut that shit out, especially with Halloween looming on the horizon. Willpower! (I don't have it).

So my goal is to get refocused back on my fitness and staying away from the chocolate. Just because it is getting cooler outside (boo) and I can wear more layers is no excuse to let myself slack and get fat again.

1 comment:

  1. Emmeline is beautiful. Ella does the same thing with her name too. I have so many nicknames for her.. actually I have nicknames for all of the kids, well mostly the girls. Damn right you don't look like you could have 5 kids. It cracks me up when people look at me with awe (stupidity) when we are with all 5 kids. If our 2 families had a playdate, we would be a great conceptive commercial..lol

    I woke up this morning thinking I was going to eat good today..well I had a cookie. Epic fail!
    Tell your co-worker to lock her candy jar!! My hubby always wants sweets and candy in the house and it's rough on me.
    Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete