Friday, September 6, 2013

Sunshine and Rainbows

Okay, so maybe not the rainbows part so much, but I was nominated by two very awesome ladies for the sunshine award. Just in time, too, because I was really starting to get that "nobody likes me, everybody hates me, guess I'll go eat worms" feeling. I don't know why, other than I am neurotic.


Anyway, the rules of the award are as follows:
The award is circulated to those bloggers to let them know that their posts brighten your day.

1. Include the award logo on your post or blog
2. Link to the person who nominated you - Marcy and Kate
3. Answer 10 questions about yourself.
4. Nominate 10 bloggers to receive the award. Link your nominees in your post and leave them a comment letting them know that they have been nominated.

Alright, let's get started. My first questions are from Marcy at The Mustache Diaries.
1. What is your biggest fear? This is a tough one. Other that something awful happening to my kids or Jason or siblings, there isn't a lot that I'm afraid of. If I want to get all deep, then I would have to say I have a fear of not being good enough.

2. What is one item you couldn't live without on a daily basis? Hand soap. I absolutely hate having dirty hands. I do not like hand sanitizer, though.

3. Have you ever been arrested? Yes, you can read more about that here.

4. What is your favorite thing to pass the time? Reading. I don't get to read nearly often enough.

5. Do you collect anything? Not really, although I do have a lot of coffee mugs.

6. How did you get started in blogging? I spent several months reading all of Mama Laughlin's old posts (stalker) and then I got introduced to Skinny Meg and Holly and thought that it was something I wanted to try. A year later, here I am. Jason never thought I would stick with it this long.

7. Do you have a lead foot when you drive? ABSOLUTELY I despise slow drivers and there are an abundance of them in KC. If we have driven on the same highway, then I've probably yelled at you and called you names. Sorry about that.

8. What is one movie you could watch on repeat and recite all the words to? Do I have to pick just one? Top 5 would be Clue, The Sandlot, Princess Bride, Coming to America and Girls Just Wanna Have Fun

9. What is the worst present you have ever received? I really can't think of one!

10. Do you like me? =) Of course! I love your energy and your honesty and your 'don't give a shit' attitude.

Now, on the cutest of the cute, Kate
1. What is your personality type? I took the Myers Briggs once and I believe I am ENTP. I can't remember exactly though. Basically, I love to be around people and I think I am friendly. I'm usually quiet in a group, as I like to hear what everyone has to say.

2.What is the hardest thing you've ever had to do? Giving up custody of my kids

3. What's in your car's trunk? I have an SUV so I don't have a trunk, but in the back there are reusable grocery bags (that I inevitably forget), paper towels, a blanket and a car kit bag.

4. How many times have you been to Disney World or Disney Land? I have been to Disney World exactly one time. I was 18 and I went with my parents and siblings. It was a lot of fun, but for some reason I skipped the day that they actually went to the theme park. Moody teenage hormones. I would love to be able to take the girls someday, but when you have 5 kids, things get kind of pricey.

5. What's one thing you've been putting off? Besides blogging? Training for this half marathon. I am so behind and it is going to bite me in the ass big time. I don't know why I think I can always wing these things.

6. What do you have going on this weekend? Absolutely nothing and it is glorious. I'm looking forward to just relaxing and I might get Pinspirated to get shit done around the house.

7. Wine, Beer or mixed drinks? For me, it is usually wine or beer and I'm pretty split down the middle. I love sweeter wines and will not drink cheap beer. I'm well past the point where I drink to get shitfaced so I buy beer that has flavor and that I can enjoy. Leinenkugel's is probably my favorite brand. Their Lemon Berry Shandy is so good.

8. If you had to legally change your name, what would you choose? Hmm, I always thought I could use Miranda Sweeney as an alias because it was close enough to my real name that I wouldn't get confused, but I really do love the name Delaney.

9. What cheesy line do you tell yourself to get motivated for a workout/run/whatever? Nothing cheesy, I just basically have to be a hard ass. I let myself off the hook for things way too easily.

10. Bill Murray or Will Ferrell? Bill Murray all the way, baby

So, there you have it. Now, here are my 10 questions for my wonderful nominees.
1. What is your greatest accomplishment?
2. Manicures or do your own nails?
3. Do you play any musical instruments?
4. If you had to be in a talent show, what would be your talent?
5. What is your favorite board game?
6. Where do you rank in birth order with your siblings (if any)?
7. What is the one city you want to visit before you die?
8. Solids or prints?
9. What is your go-to recipe for a potluck?
10. If you could win a $5000 gift card, which store would it be for?

And the nominees are:
Jodi from Love and Crayons
Meredith from Is This Thing On
Darci from Strongly Feminine
Ashley from Iseminger Chronicles
Ashleigh from Life in Bloom
Jenn from FatChick2FitChick
Lori from FattoFit41 
Taylor from Tay LeMay
Meghan from NerkyBlog
Alicia from BrewMama

Have a great weekend everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Double Sunshine Award, Miss Thang?! :)

    First of all, high five on "Clue"! I laahhhvee that movie! Second, you are an extrovert? That's awesome! I know hardly any extroverts--seems like everyone is an introvert these days (and I blame technology! Third, YES! I KNEW you'd pick Bill Murray! You're my kinda people!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the nomination!! I LOVE all of your movie answers and hello, beer and wine for the win! You could totally pull off Miranda Sweeney! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have the exact same things in our SUV "trunks". BESTIES FOR LIFE.

    Thanks for the nommie. I'm sorry I suck at commenting. I'll be better!

    ReplyDelete