Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Baby Belly (or not)

Yesterday, I was feeling pretty good about how I looked. I had a pretty dress on and was having a good hair day. Then, as I was standing talking to Jason in the hallway at work, a coworker (who I really don't know all that well) asked me if I was pregnant. WHAT?! I laughed it off and told her no, I just have a permanent baby belly. She felt bad (or acted like she did) and tried to play it off. Jason seemed to think it was hilarious but I was just taken aback. However, the more I thought about it, the more it got to me. So I did what any other self respecting woman would do; I posted a picture on Instagram.

Seriously, if you are ever feeling bad about yourself, go to IG. I love all of my followers, they are so sweet and I got the best comments and my day was instantly better. By the way, the dress was a thrift shop find for $5. Stylish and cheap, my favorite.

I have taken several hard looks at myself in the mirror since I started on the whole "weight loss journey" last year and I've come to some conclusions. I like my body as it is. I am soft and rounded and womanly. I will probably always have a round belly and that's okay. I know that I could change my body to become leaner and harder, but I also know that it would be a ton of work. At this point, I'm not ready to commit to that. It is all about mindset. I'm in a comfortable spot and when I'm ready to change, I know I have to move out of my comfort zone. I also know that I have a great support system should I choose to do that.

Good luck to all the ladies out there starting on the Advocare cleanse today! It just wasn't for me, but I do love the Spark drink in Grape. You can always contact Ashley if you want to get on board.

12 comments:

  1. People are so rude. Don't people know to NEVER ask that question?! Guess not. You look great in that dress and I love the color :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I would've flipped on her.

    That dress is beautiful and one of my favorite colors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good hair, perfect dress, beautiful color - you look amazing!!
    xoxo
    Rachel@rachelrunshermouth.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. #1 You look amazing in that dress.
    #2 Your co-worker is either (a) an idiot or (b) a stupid bi!ch! -_-

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you went to Target and bought a million more royal blue outfits because (like I said yesterday) that is SO your color!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What is the matter with people...I used to get that question allllll the time :( My midsection is my problem area - youre beautiful, dont ever forget it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you look FABULOUS!!! What the hell was that coworker smoking?

    And yes, Grape Spark is ah-maz-ing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Why do people say such stupid things sometimes??? I mean really!! That sounds like it should have came out of a man's mouth... I seriously want to slap your coworker in her face!! Something like that can make a woman's day bad so I'm happy you didn't let it get to you because you are beautiful and comfortable in your own skin...and you don't look pregnant at all!!! My tummy is my problem area...it's the first place I gain weight. I have self conscious issues with it... and it's rough. One day I will try spark!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. People area shoes!! I love your outlook on your body, it's awesome! I can't wait to feel that way! I don't, and have never been, skinny. But I just want to be my shape, only slightly smaller! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that dress. What a find. You look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look freaking gorgeous in this dress!! Like I said on IG, this is your color! And you do NOT look pregnant!!! Some people can just be dicks! Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great dress!! I'm so sorry your co-worker made you feel anything less than beautiful in this dress! You look fabulous!! And you can't beat a $5 find!!

    ReplyDelete