Thursday, October 17, 2013

I Had a Bad Day


So, yesterday was not my best day. We got up as normal and got ready to leave for work only to discover that the car wouldn't start. Super. I had just gone to the grocery store the night before so I didn't know why it stopped working overnight, but cars are funny things. We tried to jumpstart it to no avail so we then had to call for a tow truck. Fortunately, roadside assistance (even though it was actually the driveway) is covered by insurance so that was one less expense.

We have an Enterprise Rent-A-Car close to us so I called and had someone come out to get Jason. "We pick you up" really is a great slogan, and so handy. He got a quick rental for the day (a Dodge Avenger) so we could get to work. Most uncomfortable bucket seats ever. The tow truck got there and loaded up our car to take to the mechanic. Once that was dropped off, we took Emmeline to daycare and headed off to work rolling in around 10AM.
My view from the tow truck.

$300 and one new starter later, our car is fixed and we are broke for the rest of the month. However, I am trying to stay positive because it could have been so much worse. It could have died on me at the grocery store the night before or it could have happened when we didn't have the money to pay for it. Yeah, things are going to be tight, but at least it is fixed before it gets really cold outside.

Yesterday was also a Chili Cook-off food day. Jason made a great chili in the crockpot that simmered all night and smelled and tasted delicious, but he did not win. :( I however, managed to stuff my face with as many desserts as possible. Cookies and cake and major sugar overload. I felt so sick and had a terrible headache last night. Ugh, that junk is just not worth it. Just because it is available doesn't mean you need to shove it down your piehole, Amanda.

A couple good things did come out of yesterday, however. Because I felt so crappy last night, I forced myself out of bed at 4:45AM and got my ass on the treadmill. I hate early morning with a burning passion, but it made me feel so much better to go for a run. Not to mention that I have to run 4.5 miles Saturday morning and I haven't run in two weeks, so I'm slightly more prepared now.

Also, I was introduced to this little gem yesterday. I laughed myself silly. Even if you don't watch Game of Thrones, you will still enjoy this. Totally made my day better.

Today, I've got my red dress on and my ass-kicking shoes and so I'm ready for a better day. What's in store for you today?

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're off to a better start today!
    xoxo
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ughh, car troubles no bueno! We have an appt to drop mine off today, hubby managed to get a seatbelt ticket tending to our screaming kids in the backseat this morning, and our kitchen floor may be ruined due to water leaking from our kitchen sink....not to one up you, but I'm having my bad day today:-( Maybe I should go find some ass kicking shoes for tomorrow;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you day was way better. I hate car trouble. Two weeks ago my van had a flat tire and I almost flipped my lid.Like you said at least its fixed now.. gotta stay positive. Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no, I'm sorry your day was so shitty! I hope today was better! I don't understand why things break at the most in opportune moments!! But, I guess it could have been worse!!

    ReplyDelete