Monday, October 14, 2013

My Weekend

Pretty quiet weekend for me and mine. I didn't even get any pictures. Saturday, I drove to Topeka to watch Paige and Elsa's last soccer game. They did really well and their team won 6-2. I think they almost finished out the season undefeated, so I'm really proud of them.

We drove back home and everyone sacked out in the car except for Emmeline (naturally). By the time we got home, it was really too late to put her down for a nap so I just dealt with the crankiness. Jason whipped up some spaghetti for dinner and we didn't have any leftovers. After I put Miss Em in bed, I set the girls up with a movie and some popcorn and the Jason and I snuck off to a late movie. We saw Rush, which was pretty good. I enjoyed the story about Formula 1 racing, plus it is hard to go wrong with Chris Hemsworth.

Sunday, we went out to the trail for a nice hike. The trail run 5K is coming up on November 2. That was my very first 5K race ever last year so I think I'm going to run it again. It is a tough course with rocks and tree roots everywhere, but I want to beat my time.

After that, we took all the girls to Costco to pick up our large bulk items for the next couple of weeks. Everyone was really good (no whining!) which made shopping so much easier. I was eyeballing the gift boxes of chocolate truffles if anyone is looking for a gift for me. ;)

I am really liking this new show, Sleepy Hollow. Is anyone else watching it? I'm also excited for Grimm to start back up, not to mention Biggest Loser starts tomorrow! 

The KC Marathon is Saturday in which I will be running 4.5 miles as part of a relay team. I a little nervous because I haven't run that long of a distance in quite a while. My goal is to get some practice runs in this week so I'll be ready. I want to get it done in under an hour because I am still a very slow runner. I just think the atmosphere is going to be amazing. I have never been to a big of a race as this is going to be.

What are you excited for this week?

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great weekend. A hike sounds like so much fun... I've been trying to walk alittle everyday but it kinda sucks because it's on the side of road. I'm not a runner so I just do one of those power walks. lol I went to Costco and I seen all of those chocolate truffles you are talking about. I'll buy you a box if you buy me one.. Have a great day Amanda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on your race Saturday! Sounds like you guys had a nice weekend!! Mmmm, I'd love some of those truffles too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you had a good weekend! I watch Sleepy Hollow too and I really like it; I haven't watched the most recent episode yet (no spoilers!) but plan to tonight. And I love Grimm!
    xoxo
    Rachel@rachelrunshermouth.com

    ReplyDelete