Monday, October 28, 2013

Slugs

I would do a weekend recap for you, but I honestly did a whole lot of nothing this weekend. I really did feel like a giant slug for most of it. I got the girls Thursday night and then worked from home on Friday. Working from home sounds like a nice perk, but it really isn't. It is so difficult for me to concentrate, let alone have any motivation at all to get real work done. The girls pretty much holed up in their room and played on their various electronic devices. Great quality time.

Saturday, we were supposed to go to my sister's house for a Halloween party, but me being the non-planner that I am, forgot to check the time of the party. I thought it started at 6, but no, it was actually from 3-6. Epic mom fail. Enter guilt. I did manage to drag my sorry ass out of the house and hit up the Redbox, though. I picked up Epic and Megamind so we could have a little movie night. Elsa didn't want to come down as she was too busy trying to beat her score on Mario Kart, but I was not going to fight about it.

Epic was really cute and kind of a new twist on a story that's been told before (ahem, Ferngully). Still, the graphics were amazing and I love the characters, especially the slugs. Megamind, although animated, was really less of a kids' movie I thought. The theme of the movie was really pretty adult. Cordie got bored with it and went upstairs, but I enjoyed it.

I tried to get the girls out of the house to go to the nature trail with us, but apparently none of them brought appropriate footwear. Awesome. So, Jason and I went and did about a 2 mile circuit. He went to rest and I busted out a 1 mile run. Trail runs are hard (especially when a group of Cub Scouts' parents won't move) but I did about an 11:30 mile which is faster than I have been normally running. The Trail Run 5K is this weekend and I'm still undecided about running it.

Last weekend, Jason's brother and sister in law came up for a visit. They were very sweet and took us out to dinner and breakfast. We hit the trail with them, too and I got a few nice pictures. Kayla is due with a little boy at the end of this month and I can't wait to meet him.

I did get Paige and Emmeline in their costumes for a quick picture.


Emmeline and Uncle Jared examining the waterfall


Cheese!


She just had a ball collecting that leaf bouquet all along our walk.


4 comments:

  1. Your weekend was better than mine. I was sitting in a class (that I wanted to attend and am glad I did but still...) all day Saturday and all day Sunday. What weekend I ask??
    I did manage to get most of the laundry done and everyone got fed. And no one went anywhere naked this morning = success.
    xoxo
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Their costumes look great!! But too bad you missed the party! Oh well, there I'll be others! Looks like a nice trail you went walking on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your girls, are adorable! And I love that you couldn't get one to come down due to Mario Kart...haha!!! I remember being 30 and addicted to Mario Kart. Can't believe I just admitted that! That trail walk\/run looks beautiful. I wish we had more of that here in Springfield...the ones we do have, have perverts lurking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The trail looks beautiful! I had a boring weekend as well and it was nice. Your daughters are super cute!

    ReplyDelete