Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Contentment

So what that I haven't had a new post in over two weeks. Ever get that "not so bloggy" feeling? For me, that has kind of been where I've been mentally that past few weeks. Blogging got to be a chore, something that I HAD to do and I was getting to the point where I resented it. It was all too much with the constant pressure to come up with something new and the neverending contests and giveaways. I just had to step away from it all. Since I do enjoy my blog, I didn't want to feel like that so I took a much needed break. I probably won't ever be one of those people that blogs every day and that's okay.

In other news, I have been feeling really good lately; like this overall contentment has settled in. I can't describe it any other way, but it has been so nice. I haven't been stressing about what other people are doing or thinking and have just concentrated on myself and my family. As someone who has spent her whole life worring about what others think, this is a big deal for me. It feels good to let some of the baggage go. Oh, I still have baggage, but I'm working on going through one bag at a time.

Exercise has been non-existent since I ran the marathon relay a month ago. I haven't been too worried about it, but I am planning on getting back at it. I really want to start lifting and am contemplating the option of joining a gym. We are already planning on setting aside some money so Jason can join a gym because he wants to start getting in shape and he knows he won't be able to do it on his own. He needs structure and someone telling him to do, plus the thought of throwing money away is a big motivator for him. I'm excited for him to get started.

I have been reading the book, The Nine Rooms of Happiness and am really getting a lot out of it. A lot of what the author says is really resonating with me. I'm trying very hard to work through the issues of my past so I don't cycle through the same destructive patterns. I haven't finished it yet, but I highly recommend it so far.
Not too much has been going on the past couple of weeks. Emmeline enjoyed her first trick-or-treating experience. Once she realized she was getting free candy, she was all over it. I was pretty impressed when she decided she was done after about 10 houses though. I though for sure she would have a meltdown. She also attended her first classmate's birthday party. The parents had a pirate theme going on and it was very cute.

I had a very nice weekend with Hannah last weekend. She came up by herself since she had missed out so much from working the past couple of months. We didn't do anything special, it was just really good to spend time with her. My baby girl is all grown up. She's also very talented when it comes to drawing. She drew this awesome mandala on my foot. I was bummed when I had to wash it off. Take note, I will be getting a new tattoo very soon.
Please ignore my old lady feet.

I'm looking forward to getting back to blogging and I'm thinking I may need a new look for my page. I definitely need a new picture. Anyway, if you ever get to missing me though, you can always follow me on Instagram or Twitter (my not so secret obsession).

Anyone else reading some good self help books that you would recommend?

3 comments:

  1. Gotta love that contentment feeling; hope it stays with you for a long time! Your daughter is beautiful:-) Glad you got to spend some quality time together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel ya on the blogging thing. I figure if I don't have anything profound to post why make stuff up? It's not like it's my job LOL. It's good to see you here though! I stalk you on IG too. Your daughter is quite an artist and a tattoo like that would be awesome. Go for it!
    xoxo
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you are feeling good, my friend!! And I am so with you on blogging. I just don't want to ever feel like I HAVE to blog. So I take my little or long, breaks!
    OK ...Hannah is GORGEOUS!! Such a beauty and so talented! Love your foot!
    In closing, we must meet someday....I just know we would hit it off. I think I could tell you anything and you would keep it in the vault. AND.... I am pretty sure you'd let me bitch about a thing or two! :) xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete