Tuesday, November 26, 2013

This or That and Sore Arms

This or That Link Up
Today, I thought I would participate in the This or That linkup hosted by the lovely Jodi from Love and Crayons. She is the sweetest and I'm jealous of her hubby's handyman skills. Anyway, on to the questions.
  • Stuffing or Mashed Potatoes? Neither actually. I much prefer mashed sweet potatoes with walnuts and brown sugar on top. Delicious.
  • Homemade Cranberry Sauce or Store Bought Cranberry Sauce? I have never really been a fan of cranberry sauce at all, but I would go homemade if I had to choose.
  • Pumpkin Pie or Pecan Pie? Pumpkin Pie for me, I think Pecan Pie is way too sweet. Not Jason, though. Pecan is his favorite pie of all time.
  • Cooking All Day or Cleaning Up All Night? I have never hosted Thanksgiving at my house but I would probably have to say cooking all day. I'll let the kids do the cleaning up. ;)
  • Thanksgiving Day Parade or Football Game? Parade all the way. Honestly, I couldn't care less about a football game and the parade is so much more entertaining.
In other news, Happy Tuesday! Anyone else as tired as I am? I know I mentioned this before, but I simply struggle to get out of bed in the morning. Today was no exception. This may have something to do with the fact that I got a wild hair up my butt on Sunday and decided to sign up on bodybuilding.com. I picked the Jaime Eason 12 week program and got started. Plus, I decided to do this instead of taking a nap! (The nap wasn't happening anyway since Emmeline kept coming into my room every 10 minutes to yell, "Mommy, I need you!"

Let me tell you, my arms are freaking sore today, but I am loving it. After being a slug for so long, it felt good to do some exercise. I even busted out a mile and a half on the treadmill. Sure, I was wheezing a bit at the end, but it was a good wheeze.

I received my package from my KikiLaRue purchase yesterday and I was so excited. The Ambiance sweater is so nice and fits beautifully and the V-Neck Essential top will be great for lounging this week. I did not have as much luck with the jeggings, however. I was going to get mediums, but they were sold out so I gambled and got a small. Not happening. They are too small, so they will be going back. Sigh. I'm 0-2 on jeggings purchases so far. I got cocky and bought a size 6 from Costco and they were just a bit too snug. Can we say, muffin top? I'm sure I'll get it right eventually.

I'm still hovering 152 with my weight and I want to get back out of the 150's. That is part of my main motivation with this new weight lifting plan. Well, that, and to lose the muffin top, obviously. Anyway, have a great day and I'll leave you with this cubicle selfie. I thought I'd change it up a bit from the bathroom.

8 comments:

  1. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!!
    xoxo
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. That color looks great on you, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That a girl! Excited to see how your 12 week plan unfolds...I hope you are taking before & after's!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi from "this or that" :) I'm totally with you on the sweet potato thing! They are my favorite! Have a happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for linking up doll! I'm excited to follow your progress

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did parts of Jamie's program on Bodybuilding.com a long time ago and it really helps. I buy a lot of my supplements from them as well - awesome service. I am with you on pumpkin pie. Pecan is too much for me as well. I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way to go on the working out!! You'll be out of the 150s before you know it! It's only three pounds! Damn, I wish I was in the 150s!!!
    The sweater looks great, such a good color on you!
    Instead of mashed potatoes this Christmas, I'm doing sweet potatoes for the first time! I can't wait!!

    I hope you guys all have such a wonderful thanksgiving! Enjoy it!! And, thanks for linking up!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you had a wonderful thanksgiving!! That color looks amazing on you! I am with you on sweet potatoes with nuts and brown sugar! I made my recipe up this year and used a whole stick of butter, some brown sugar (no idea how much), orange juice and chopped walnuts. I cooked it until it was like a caramel consistency. Talk about YUMMY! Oh and I threw on some marshmallows. :)

    ReplyDelete