Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Busy Busy Me

So much to talk about and so little time to get it all in. Or I could ramble on for 40 paragraphs and lose everyone around the 5th one. I have been doing well just super busy and blogging has really been put on the back burner. I'm okay with that, but it makes me sad that I haven't been able to read all the other wonderful blogs that I typically stalk on a regular basis so I don't know what's going on with everyone else.

Anyway, to do a little recap: Thanksgiving was great. We drove to my parents house and had a great time visiting with everyone and eating way too much. I even got pictures of everyone and will be doing my best to attempt to send out Christmas cards for the first time ever. (Yes, I know I'm almost 40. I have just never been good about getting anything in the mail. Ask my brother in law who got his Christmas gift last year in March.) I shared one pic on IG and another one last week, but they are just too good not to share. My girls are so pretty.

I did have a little "come to Jesus" meeting with the girls last week. I had missed two Christmas programs because I didn't hear about them in time and was feeling sad and left out. I basically told them that while I am not perfect, I want to be more involved in things going on in their lives. But, they need to meet me halfway and give me a call or Facetime or Skype once in a while. I don't want to feel like I'm being replaced by their grandmother who is ALWAYS around. They reassured me and vowed to do a better job, but the problem is that they are as forgetful as I am. I just need to remember that it is give and take and not to let one thing set me into a downward spiral.

Hannah and her best friend Faith after their choir concert
My inner fat girl has come out for the holidays and doesn't want to leave. I have basically been stuffing food into my pie hole and most of it isn't good for me. I've managed to gain back 10 pounds which I am not happy about. My strength training regimine lasted about a week and a half, just long enough for me to get sore muscles. I really need to get back into running and exercising and eating well, I just haven't had the push to do so. Something's gotta give though, because my size 8's are getting tight and that is not cool at all. Plus, I just feel tired all the time and I know that is because I'm eating way too much sugar. It is all on me, though. I know what I have to do, it is just a matter of getting shit done. Who wants to come give me a swift kick in the pants?

We did get out for a date night Saturday night
Hope everyone is doing well and getting ready for Christmas. I have my tree up and most of my shopping done, which is phenomenal for me. I just have to get to wrapping! Happy Tuesday and Mega Millions Lottery Day! The jackpot is over $550 million dollars and while I am pretty positive I won't win, I still am going to buy a ticket just in case. Ever the optimist.

1 comment:

  1. Hello!! So glad you are well but sorry you are so busy. Yes, your girls are absolutely beautiful!!!
    Have a Merry Christmas if I don't talk to you before then!
    xoxo
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete